Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

start of gun show season

Forum for rifles not listed
72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

start of gun show season

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

Today is the start of the gunshot season. Sept. is here. I will see if I can dump a duplicate Turk & its bayonet for $325 to a sucker with way too much cash so I can buy some military photos at a local antique store. People like old bolt actions. Next week is another, so it seems just about every week end there is some show within a 3 hour drive. Oct. and Nov. prior to deer hunting is always busy. We shall see if I can thin the herd of a surplus goodie- a fairly nice mis-matched 38 Kale. This is mostly a Cowboy & CW black powder club show. Not exactly what the lookers need. :roll: :roll: Very small bowling alley, club show, sort of more of an old guys show & tell. A sale if lucky, not many into black powder or big buck original Civil War goodies. :think: Almost as odd as a lionel train show... :lol:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: start of gun show season

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:40 pm

2 days no nibbles, next show is Sunday we shall see. A guy had a nice Mosin at $300. Best he had was a $200 offer. :doh: :shhh:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

checkmate19
United States of America

#3 Post by checkmate19 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:54 pm

The show this weekend in Fl was fairly busy but did not see alot of cash changing hands. One AR gun sell a lot as he has great prices and very good to deal with. He tell people to shop the other vendors and than come to him.
There were only about 4 regular private sellers left over the years and this show two were not there , they are at every one usually. They are pushing the private sellers out. I sold two SKSs rather fast yesterday morning. The military stuff usually does not sell so well here.

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by indy1919a4 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:06 pm

WHich gun show was this??

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Ours were bowing alley shows in small town WI. Never did sell the rifle. Sunday's show had a Packer game at noon and while it opened at 0800, it was a ghost town and only 15 sellers showed up with a total of 62 people entering by noon when it shut down. :roll: :lol:
The weather is still too nice and few people are into guns. I left and purchased my Spanish American war photo of the first Mo. NG at Jefferson barracks in 1898 taken by CL Chester, photographer in St. Louis, Mo. at a local antique store with my bag of change :whistle: :whistle:

shoggoth80
United States of America

#6 Post by shoggoth80 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 am

I'm just hoping that one of these years, I can go to my local ish shows with some money to burn. Lol.

JAG2955
United States of America

#7 Post by JAG2955 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:05 pm

This year I got a British M1907 bayonet for an Enfield I had for awhile, and a Ross bayonet. $100 total spent, no sheaths though.

So now I’m going to need to find a Ross.

BCR#1
United States of America

#8 Post by BCR#1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:09 pm

We have four RK shows here during the major summer holiday W/E's and one in November. I haven't been to one in over five years as it's always the same vendors pushing the same junk they had at shows past and overpriced too. My last four surplus rifles came from better shows in Franklin TN., Huntsville AL. and Hoover AL. TMCA and AGCA shows rock!

Well worth the drive to see some quality mil-surps for sale.

Bill

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#9 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Wi big show ( 500 + tables) is Oct 19 at Fond du Lac wi fair grounds. We shall see if any Norwegian Mausers will grace a table and be had at a fair price. :lol: :lol: It is an odd show, sometimes surplus arms heavy, other times hunting gun heavy. There is always something, just the price is the hold up :doh: :doh: :doh:

http://www.centralwisconsingun.org/http ... Dates.html

Curtis762
United States of America

#10 Post by Curtis762 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:35 pm

I would like to see some good gun shows around my area, although it's been awhile since I've been to one, most around here are just littered with junk and way overpriced items, just like BCR#1 said. I see we are in the same area too, BCR.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#11 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Here is a joke, a 100-200 table show in WI, a Puichie show. Had a nice s/27 RC mauser in great condition-- a $200 rifle that you would think be marked at maybe ??? $400-425. Well, it had $695 on the sucker. Another joke, a M57 Tokarev at $400. Not even a Glock trigger version. There were more sausage, knife, stock cleaning, polished rocks, coins, and punk pipe lamps dealers ---That the $7 cost for the show was also a joke. I found two American made, older, brand new finger nail clippers with strong spring and an original 8 gauge brass shot shell ($5) and an original 1874 11x59R Grass cartridge headstamped KL B ($1) .
:violin: :violin: :violin: The first two, local bigger shows were a bust. Prices were stupid-crazy.

Return to “Military Bolt Action Rifle General Topics”