Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

California stocking up on ammunition

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

California stocking up on ammunition

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:29 pm

I wonder if one has to fill out a 2 page form and call it in, and if you have a common name, wait a day or two to get the ammo? I bet those that have private sale firearms do not want the state to track ammo. I bet people will be buying pallets full or at least lots of 5000 rounds. I wonder if they are tracking powder and brass sales on the reloads. Why not run a background search every year and issue an ammo card or conceal carry license so a person can buy what they want if they purchased a firearm. You just renew even year like a range membership or magazine subscription. I wonder if this effects a C & R card or CC card holder or law enforcement officer? I wonder how ammo collectors at shows that buy one or two cartridges for their collection will be treated? You got to call it in and fill out 2 pages of paperwork for someone to buy a single cartridge?? I wonder how a dummy or snap cap ammo will be treated? Heck, why not have the mandatory death penalty for those that use a firearm in commission of a falony, shooting an under age kid, or law enforcement officer? The stinking liberals would cry bloody murder :shhh: :shhh:

What happens to a person that has boxes of old ammo at an antique store or garage sale? Can you give a friend a box of ammo to get rid of it? I must have 20 boxes of old paper shot gun shells and do not even own a shotgun, I must be a bad person. Heck, 15 years ago we purchased boxes of surplus ammo cause it was so cheep, some is so bad it no longer fires. Sounds like there will be a lot of under the table sales. How do they keep track of reloaders? Sounds like a run on ammo in Calf. Are pellets and BBs ammo? Is an arrow ammo? Are Marbles for a wrist rocket sling shot, ammo?
Sounds like the butter vs Oleo wars back in the late 1950s in Wisconsin. Oleo was banned. The uncles would take the station wagon and load up with Oleo in Illinois and drive back to WI and split it up between the families to save cash. People will be making ammo runs to neighboring states :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can a range distribute ammo at a match without running a background check? Or even sell ammo to range members?

Sounds like you will now have to get drugs and ammo on the street corner- a new sales market for criminals :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe bullets will become a new form of cash on the street, like a sheet paper in the movie Waterworld??

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 612625001/

https://www.guns.com/news/2017/10/13/ho ... s-ban-mags
Last edited by 72 usmc on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

HectorFuego
United States of America

Re: California stocking up on ammunition

#2 Post by HectorFuego » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Sounds like you will now have to get drugs and ammo on the street corner- a new sales market for criminals :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe bullets will become a new form of cash on the street, like a sheet paper in the movie Waterworld??
I've been saying for some time that, in event of societal collapse, ammo will be the new currency. Looks like CA is close to testing my hypothesis. All they will accomplish is to create a black market for ammo, as you stated.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

Ozzman
United States of America

#3 Post by Ozzman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 am

The Pacific Plate isn't moving fast enough.
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#4 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm

This sevvers several purposes. Tax money, not a lot mind you but it adds up.
Reducing sales by making it more difficult to enjoy your sport will make people shoot less.
That will lead to fewer new shooters.
Old gun owners die off with no new shooters picking up the sport.
Those old widows turn those nasty old guns into the police for free or a twenty dollar gift card.
It may take a couple of generations, to get them all, but they are working the long game.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#5 Post by Hippycrowe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Can't criminals just go to another state and buy ammo and use it in California it's not like there is a border stop were they stop you and check all your stuff.

I guess people will have to reload ammo.

Ozzman
United States of America

#6 Post by Ozzman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:27 am

Ozzman wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 am
The Pacific Plate isn't moving fast enough.
Lol, nevermind...
I guess it heard me
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

Zeliard
United States of America

#7 Post by Zeliard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am

If they can't make it illegal then they'll just regulate it out of business. :(

Once the number of gun owners have dwindled, then they'll make it illegal because there won't be enough people to care.
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

RoughRider07
United States of America

#8 Post by RoughRider07 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Ozzman wrote:The Pacific Plate isn't moving fast enough.
Glad I live on the Sierra side of the plate...Kalifornia sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “General Off Topic”