Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Second Time

timbo1955
United States of America

Second Time

#1 Post by timbo1955 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am

Had a loaded Savage 22 pointed at my head again buy a unsupervised , looked to be a 4 year old, at the public range , this time he had me dead to rights , as I was sitting in a confined bench at could not leave run ,duck , nothing

bitrclngr
United States of America

Re: Second Time

#2 Post by bitrclngr » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 am

I hate public ranges. I've yet to experience anything that bad but I've seen some stupid people....

vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

#3 Post by vonalt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Where were the parents? I think I would have given dad a piece of my mind, minimum. A kid that young has no concept of gun safety.

timbo1955
United States of America

#4 Post by timbo1955 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Took the high road , the father was in the parking area checking on his screaming daughter , I dont know seems to be getting to be a normal thing , being barrel swept at the range or , like at the gun show today , geeeezzzzz

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:44 am

I do not know where these people come from, but way to many place their firearms across the table instead of pointing down range (pistols or rifles), too many leave a firearm chambered when people go down range, do not empty the chamber or use chamber flags when people are down range, do not have spoting scopes and want to go down range every 5 minutes, fail to wait at least 30 seconds on a miss fire, use ammo that experiences case splits, no safety glasses or ear protection, are unable to clear a jam on their weapon, are on the range with a new firearm they do not know how to work or are unfamiliar with its operation, and are unfamiliar with basic range safety rules. Some load the rifle or pistol with the barrel not down range. Do not police their brass. Then you got the nuts that cross the fire line a wee bit to pick up brass while people are still in the live fire mode. Some drink at the public ranges :doh: Some never check if a round is in a chamber when putting the rifle in the gun case when they pack up to leave.
Most ranges the kids have to be 12 and have had a hunter safety weekend. The range officer is a busy guy on the weekends.
I stay away on weekends, to many nuts. Some fire way back from the fire line, that drives me nuts. Most of the old salts help out some of the boots. Most ranges do not allow non members due to rising ins. costs to the club. This is a concern that bugs me if you are indoctrinating shooting to a friend or gal that wants to learn how to shoot. Most are non members. I would rather see these new shooters supervised, rather than having them just shoot on there own trial & error. Our range has a youth program and hunter safety course. Also shooting classes to help teach new shooters or those that want to fire a rifle or pistol for the first time. There are too many CC classes where students do not live fire a pistol or actually visit a range and learn the basic rules. One would think the student knows how to take down, clean, load, aim, fire and clear a jam on a firearm they use for hunting or CC.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

hardcore
United States of America

#6 Post by hardcore » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 am

kids dont belong at a gun range, that said, alot of people dont belong neither.

i tend to do the week day range times also, just for that reason...my safety

yo...72 usmc....
is 15 minutes fair?

timbo1955
United States of America

#7 Post by timbo1955 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:41 pm

This happened on a saturday , why I went , dont remember , I always use the range on monday or friday ,unless it falls on a holiday , then I stay away

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#8 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:55 pm

My old range , markham park, had age restrictions. 10 or 12. Any youger were only allowed in the "club house". The air condiioned buikding behind the shooting line.
The RO ' S were dicks. But the more shit like t is you hear, the more you understand why.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#9 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 pm

I quit a range that didn't even have any RSOs. Too much stupid stuff to imagine. A few videos like that go public and what do you think will happen?

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “General Off Topic”