Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

China

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

China

#1 Post by Hippycrowe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Ok I keep reading about the Chinese Carrier killing missiles and see exports say the US fleet would have a hard time dealing with Chinese aggression. But I never hear them say anything about how in a war China would depend heavily on oil shipped by sea. The US would cut all oil shipments very quickly,the German couldn't win a war with out oil neither could the Japanese and if Hitler could have cut the Russian oil supply by Taking Stalingrad they would have had a much harder time winning.

I think you can have all the ship killing missiles you want but when the oil runs out you can't win an all out war. I could be wrong but when the Germans could fly fighters there synthetic fuel factories were leveled I know different time but the economics are much the same
Last edited by Hippycrowe on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerdown
United States of America

Re: Chuna

#2 Post by Hammerdown » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:01 pm

An all out war with China will turn nuclear long before the oil runs out.
Captain Obvious, you have never failed me!

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:16 am

I dont think it would they have maybe 200 to 300 we have what 10,000 to 20,000 nukes

fafenman
United States of America

#4 Post by fafenman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:03 am

A war with China would be a long distance war. One fought with missiles and planes. It would take months, maybe years to build up the required forces to attack the Chinese mainland. Some of those 2-3 hundred Chinese missiles would get through to our supply areas and our mainland. It would not be pretty for either side and hopefully both sides know this.

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#5 Post by Hippycrowe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Ya even Hitler would not use gas even when he was losing the war he knew 100 times more would come back to Germany so nukes are kinda the same. Us nukes are very accurate.

Hammerdown
United States of America

#6 Post by Hammerdown » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:19 pm

The Nazi's did use chemical weapons to kill millions, just on no one who could fight back and the Japanese used chemical and biological weapons in Asia. The Japanese tried to use them on our civilian population but failed.
If a US carrier is sunk by China there will be a couple subs very quickly going to launch depth and sending nuclear tipped cruise missiles to their naval bases.
Nuclear weapons have been used before, there's nothing stopping them from being used again.
Captain Obvious, you have never failed me!

tired bear
United States of America

Re: China

#7 Post by tired bear » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am

I heard someone say that if we went to war with China, nuclear or not, it would put every Wal-Mart in the world out of business. He was joking but any kind of nuclear exchange would definitely be the end of life as we know it. The suicide rate among the surviving populations here in the states would be astronomical as well as any civility between those looking to survive. We are definitely seeing the beginning of the end. I, for one, am glad I won't live to see it but I shudder when I see young kids and think what life will be like for them and their children.

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#8 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:46 am

China will crash the US without firing a shot by dethroning King dollar and making the Yuan (Renminbi) the new petro dollar. They already have agreements in place with many other countries to accept RMB as payment for oil. Prior to this, payment for oil could only be made in US dollars, which made the USD the world reserve currency and allowed us to print dollars and run up a huge tab (deficit).

They are also trying to partially back the RMB with gold to make it a very attractive currency. When I was working in China they were bringing in tons of gold through Hong Kong.

Shortsighted US politicians in both parties printing worthless greenbacks backed by nothing but a promise to pay for spending like a drunken sailor is a recipe for disaster. When the US petrodollar falls we won't even be able to afford the interest payment on the deficit, much less even think about paying it down.

The resulting crash will make the great depression seem like a church picnic.

You can't send more than you make. Eventually it catches up with you. EVERYONE knows this.

My advice is go long on guns and ammo, and figure out how to grow your own food because the burning times are coming.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#9 Post by Hippycrowe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:18 pm

True the Romans stopped putting very much gold in there coins so there money was worthless but when tge dollar goes so does the whole world economy China depends way to much on selling to us. Remember when Rome fell the whole European economy collapsed and the dark ages began.

Smokey
United States of America

#10 Post by Smokey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 am

I have read of scenarios where China and Russia invade the US. This would be after an EMP attack. Wait a year and 90% of the North American population will be dead. I read a Congressional report on the effects of an EMP attack. We'll be back to 1800's technology without the infrastructure to support us.

At least PRESIDENT Trump is initiating an effort to harden the electrical grid to deal with the surge currents and voltages that otherwise would blow out literally everything.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

DaleH
United States of America

#11 Post by DaleH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am

... and thanks for cheering me up this morning ...

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#12 Post by Hippycrowe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:22 pm

The US has emp weapons too and they are protected so if the is an emp attack we would be able to respond in seconds so they would be in the same situation.

There is a good reason why treaties banning space tests of nukes took place it is scary how descriptive a nike in space can be every one knows it too

Return to “General Off Topic”