Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Political correctness?

xring3
United States of America

Political correctness?

#1 Post by xring3 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Image I needed to take care of some business at the courthouse this morning. I noticed this flag among others in the lobby. I guess they didn’t get the memo about confederate flags or they decided to poke a finger in the eye of the snowflakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think my last words are going to be.....hold my beer and watch this.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Political correctness?

#2 Post by Ghoulardi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:40 pm

noticed this flag among others in the lobby

if that flag was among a group of other flags ie. city, state, POW flag, military branch flags etc.... or historical flags, then I believe it's permissible because its in a grouping of other flags and is not a stand alone flag or is predominate.

what other flags were in the lobby?
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

capt14k
United States of America

#3 Post by capt14k » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Ghoulardi wrote:
noticed this flag among others in the lobby

if that flag was among a group of other flags ie. city, state, POW flag, military branch flags etc.... or historical flags, then I believe it's permissible because its in a grouping of other flags and is not a stand alone flag or is predominate.

what other flags were in the lobby?
Permissable? Why would it not be permissible depending on which state it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Best to fly the stars & bars. Liberal snowflakes are so stupid they think it's a colonial flag :shhh: :shhh:
It quickly went from 7 to 9, 11 then finally 13 stars.
stars.bars.gif
stars.bars.gif (2.68 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Some WI unit captures see http://www.wisconsinbattleflags.com/uni ... -flags.php
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

#5 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 am

72 usmc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Best to fly the stars & bars. Liberal snowflakes are so stupid they think it's a colonial flag :shhh: :shhh:
It quickly went from 7 to 9, 11 then finally 13 stars.
stars.bars.gif

Some WI unit captures see http://www.wisconsinbattleflags.com/uni ... -flags.php
I fly the Star & Bars...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#6 Post by Hippycrowe » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:06 pm

I just can't see how a peice of colored cloth can offend.

Pauljbk
United States of America

#7 Post by Pauljbk » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Seems people now days find anything and everything offensive, it's out of hand.

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#8 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:29 am

Ummh, a lot of people died to get rid of that flag, lest you have all forgotten that. Now if you aren't white, I cannot see anybody not in the fringe having much good to say about it at all. Out side of the old CSA, nobody thinks well of what that flag represented for good reason. Now snowflakes, do you wish to dispute that? Don't tell me my own history. Just read any declaration of succession from a state in the stars and bars and count the times slavery is mentioned as a reason for leaving the union. As I told a guy in my own hometown while I pumped my gas as he was wearing a shirt with the stars and bars on it which said "if you don't know this, you don't know history." I told him that a lot of people here died to get rid of that flag and he apologized to me. Stop referring to people who are offended by this thing as snowflakes. I know my history and I'm offended outright you think that way. Reading some of these responses is like reading middle grade student drivel. Go visit Gettysburg on this upcoming Memorial day and rethink your observations. I was there last year at that time. Go stand in the cemetery where Lincoln gave his speech and think about what you have said.

Regards,

Mark

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#9 Post by Hippycrowe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 am

Snow flake alert

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#10 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

Perhaps you didn't notice the nazi flags along side that CSA battle flag at the Charlttesville protest of CSA monuments. Were you blind or just dumb? People died to get rid of that flag too. You really dishonor a lot of vets with that remark, not to mention others.

Mark

luigi
United States of America

#11 Post by luigi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 pm

I have seen many images of confederate flags used by troops in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and they didn't seem offended. They are just showing their heritage.
We have plenty of cemeteries in the South filled with men who died for what they believed was right. I have seen many places that fly both the American & Confederate flags together. Its History.

Hippycrowe
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#12 Post by Hippycrowe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:12 pm

People must remember the north may have not have had slavery but the US govt arrested journalists and shut down papers that were getting in the way of fighting the war. So both sides did things that many today would not agree with. So the flags do not have anything to do with oppression they are just flags. The 1st adm even protects the Nazi flag.

capt14k
United States of America

#13 Post by capt14k » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 pm

SWIHARTMARK wrote:Perhaps you didn't notice the nazi flags along side that CSA battle flag at the Charlttesville protest of CSA monuments. Were you blind or just dumb? People died to get rid of that flag too. You really dishonor a lot of vets with that remark, not to mention others.

Mark
Seems you are forgetting about Sherman Murdering women and children.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#14 Post by Ghoulardi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:46 pm

come on capt sing along :icon-lol:

"I can make this march and make Georgia howl" :icon-lol:

.....................................................Uncle Billy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3V8VGjieyg
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#15 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:23 pm

As a CW reenactor back in the day around 67-81. The First Brigade band played all original instruments at reenactments back in 1968. Here is a nice Southern group for you rebs: DIXIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI

Interesting to note most of our WI capture flags were given back by the GAR members to UCV members at the later encampments during the 1930s.
I had older friends that actually had reenactments using original muskets back in 1963 and 64. I was too young, but it must have been something to have an reenactment on the actual battle field. I remember when we stopped using real muskets and switched to the Italian Zouave reproductions that came out.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “General Off Topic”