Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M41 Johnson rifle ???

oddball6
Cambodia

M41 Johnson rifle ???

#1 Post by oddball6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Gents there is currently a program on one of the networks the examines the effect their military had on them in later life. The presidents discussed . were Eisenhower, JFK,Gerald Ford,RMN, GHW Bush,
Interspersed was much . archival footage , much of it new to me.
in one of the film clips was a 3 second shot taken from the right rear shoulder of a GI firing what sure looked like an M41 Johnson rifle.( Not a LMG)

Anybody tape it or see it ? If it is it will be the first time I have seen photographic evidence of one of these in the field

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: M41 Johnson rifle ???

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:40 pm

What is the name of the series or program?

This reading is interesting: WW2 Re-Think: Was there a Way to Get American Infantry Squads a Sustained-Fire Light Machine Gun like the Germans Had? How About Detachable Magazine and Stripper Clip-Fed Rifles? By Mike Sparks
http://www.combatreform.org/lightmachineguns.htm
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

oddball6
Cambodia

Re: M41 Johnson rifle ???

#3 Post by oddball6 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:06 pm

I 'believe' . it is titled Presidents at War . Seems fairly balanced over all Interesting reading you have suggested . Many many collectors have told me in passing that the Mod.41 was produced in about 70,000 units. I think the stated figure of 20,000 is more realistic .

When were you in the crotch?

Return to “General Off Topic”