Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

What happen to the 50 cent piece?

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

What happen to the 50 cent piece?

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 am

I get sick of having a ton of quarters in my pocket. I never see 50 cent pieces used. I remember around 1964-1967 when in high school all the silver coins disappeared and there was a lack of half dollars. But they never came back. I find this odd. I'd rather have a half dollar or two then 4-8 quarters in my pocket. In the woods doing archaeology, I would generally lost most of my change and generally was never be able to see the small coins in the thick forest duff. Most stores do not even have a spot for 50 cent pieces. :think: :think: :think:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Ozzman
United States of America

Re: What happen to the 50 cent piece?

#2 Post by Ozzman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 am

You can pick them up at a local bank that distributes coin. Personally, I try to pick up at least $20 in half dollars at least twice a month. I have been doing this since 2013, and like you I agree they do come in handy while paying. Bums like them too. Using them as loose change you need to be prepared for a random millennial to every once in a while question if the coin is real, and also keep a look out if one or more coins in the roll are older than 1965 as they are 80% silver. I have collected roughly a dozen or so "silver" coins by doing this over the past 5 years.
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:33 am

I get them every time I get my tags here in Ohio they are always come out to $%%.50 so you get a 50 cent piece back.

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#4 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:52 pm

The young ones use plastic now......for everything. Credit or debit, its all plastic now. I like the old dollar coins even more.

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “General Off Topic”