Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Southern MN storms.

Airforce1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Southern MN storms.

#1 Post by Airforce1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:39 am

On Thursday we had some of the strongest storms I can remember. I was 15 miles south at the time and got a hold of my parents who said that we had lost all our trees and 2 buildings on the property outside of Faribault. Everyone is fine, the dog was acting weird just before it happened seemed to warn everyone. Although compared to the areas right around us we consider us lucky. The town just down the road pretty much got hammered and the airport in town got completely leveled. Our corn crib collapsed on top of my allis chalmers among other things. The grainery lifted off of it foundation and moved 4-5 feet. All of our trees are gone in the front yard. Porch is build like a tank so it was only lightly damaged even though a tree fell on it.
Attachments
20180921_105147 (Medium).jpg
20180921_112054 (Medium).jpg
20180921_105149 (Medium).jpg
20180921_112103 (Medium).jpg
20180921_104626 (Medium).jpg

steamer
United States of America

Re: Southern MN storms.

#2 Post by steamer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:03 am

Wow, glad to hear that the family is OK. Best of luck with the clean-up.

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 am

Were those straight line winds? How much wind speed, around 80 MPH? Glad to see all are OK, but a real mess to get outbuildings back onto foundations. Looks like you will need to build a new implement building. The barn is still standing tall?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Airforce1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Airforce1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Barn is still standing thankfully since my el camino was in there. The floor in the grainery is broken pretty bad so I think it is a total loss. Everything is still on the shelves unbelievably.

HectorFuego
United States of America

#5 Post by HectorFuego » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Micro burst from the looks of it. Been through a couple but not quite that bad. Had a lot of fun trying to find the lid to my Weber grill after the first one. Never did fit quite right after that flight. :lol:

Saw a lovely little restored barn get scattered over about two acres after another one. Scary thing is that they hit without much warning, unlike a tornado where the weather service sounds the alarm for those in harms way.

I'm so glad everyone is okay, although the dog may never be the same. Sorry about the property damage. You can rebuild the structures but sadly the trees are a different story.

Stay safe.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

shoot4fun
United States of America

#6 Post by shoot4fun » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 pm

yikes!
Glad the living things made it out ok!

Airforce1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#7 Post by Airforce1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am

Turns out it was a direct hit from an EF1 tornado that hit us. My shops block wall moved about an inch. We were in the process of furbishing it as well. :(

Return to “General Off Topic”