Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Whoops shot the wrong thing lol

Hippycrowe
United States of America

Whoops shot the wrong thing lol

#1 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:00 pm

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/hogzombie ... n=20180628
This woman shot the hog and the caller lol

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Whoops shot the wrong thing lol

#2 Post by Ghoulardi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 pm

this is why I never went hunting, although I had plenty of opportunities to go. it's not because I'm a "animal rights" person, or believe that hunting is bad. no, the thing I keeps from hunting is knowing there are fricken jackhole are out there with a gun and will blast away at any noise they hear in the woods.

I once met a friend of mine "hunting buddies", after about 15 minutes talking to these "ya'll", "yep" "hain't" talking trailer trash types I said to myself there are probably a lot more of these types out there with rifles. no thanks. BTW that friend of mine ceased being my friend if he's hanging around these types of "people"
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm

I my experience about 95% of hunters are very careful but that 5% are dangerous I hunt 20 feet up in a tree lol

Reverend Mauser
United States of America

#4 Post by Reverend Mauser » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm
I my experience about 95% of hunters are very careful but that 5% are dangerous I hunt 20 feet up in a tree lol
This is my experience. Hunters have to have a hunter safety course, but other shooters do not. Also, hunters wear blaze orange in many instances, often by law.

In my experience, the sorts of people Ghoulardi describes are more apt to have grown up around guns and are more likely to know how to use them properly and safely, especially if older. A gun writer once described people from his youth that comes close to some of the men in my youth: Big farmers in overalls who couldn't miss a squirrel with a .22lr and when a covey flushed, they shot three times and put three birds on the ground as easily as they could spit tobacco juice between your eyes. They taught safety by letting you walk with an unloaded single barrel, and when they could see you were safe that way, then they gave you a shell, often already fired and let you mimic them shooting at real game. If you were safe, they let you do it with a live shell. Pass that, and you got a repeater.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#5 Post by Ghoulardi » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Reverend Mauser wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:53 pm
In my experience, the sorts of people Ghoulardi describes are more apt to have grown up around guns and are more likely to know how to use them properly and safely, especially if older.
these hilljacks might have grown up around guns, but after recounting the utter stupid stuff they did in past hunts with them gave me cause not to be anywhere in the vicinity of these "people" with guns.

if these so called "people" shoot and kill themselves, believe me the gene pool would be a bit cleaner without them breeding. but, more likely they will probably kill someone else
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Reverend Mauser
United States of America

#6 Post by Reverend Mauser » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Ghoulardi wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:36 pm
after recounting the utter stupid stuff they did in past hunts with them

That's absolutely a game changer.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#7 Post by Hippycrowe » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 am

In Ohio we have 100,000 to 150,000 deer hunters go out during the week long hunting season some years there are no deaths from accidental shootings more die from heart attacks. Your more likely to be shot accidentally by a police officer than shot by a hunter in Ohio.

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#8 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:20 am

I guess it depends on the town and region. I was firing a BB gun in the back yard and 5 squads showed up. All friends. They were all cool. But it is a different world, I now shoot my BB gun at the range. Too many people have no idea what a gun sounds like. They said they also get calls on the red tipped air soft guns. A real waste of time and manpower, let alone the danger getting to the call for the officer. I guess the old days are gone where dad left a loaded .22 at the farmhouse door. Gone are the days you would shoot the 22 short rifles at county fairs and win junk toys or stuffer animals and impress the girlfriend, or where the guys fired .22 rifles in high school gym class and the girls fired bow & arrows....

In Wi there is approximately one accidental hunting shooting a year, most deaths are old guys where the ticker gives out. But there are nuts at the range and in hunting parties, all with poor gun handling practices. How many times have you seen a person lay his or her rifle side ways- not pointing down range -on a range table, few use chamber flags and commands when people are down range. Some leave that rifle chambered when people are down range, they never heard of chamber flags?? How about the guy that has his 30-06 off safety, and has his finger in the trigger hole while walking in the woods?? Just poor gun safety habits. Some even leave a round in the chamber with a safety on in the car? All stupid stuff.

And people bring in their animals- a few cows or horses sometimes are mistaken for deer. :snooty: :doh:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “General Off Topic”