Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

California indoor water rules

Hippycrowe
United States of America

California indoor water rules

#1 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/ ... state.html

Ok next they will make a law that no one can have any body odor even though you can't take a shower every day. Why do I think the really rich can get around this some how lol

ffuries
United States of America

Re: California indoor water rules

#2 Post by ffuries » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/ ... state.html

Ok next they will make a law that no one can have any body odor even though you can't take a shower every day. Why do I think the really rich can get around this some how lol
Because they always do. I read that article earlier and was floored. I seem to recall last year or earlier that while rationing was in effect, there were politicians, and actors that were the biggest abusers of water. California lately just seems to be its own worse enemy, leads one to wonder how long before California implodes.

I remember as a kid in 1977 living off base in Okinawa, Japan and going through water rationing. Thing is though, there the water was shut off for 72 hours, back on for 24 hours, off 72 for several weeks in a row. It was amazing how quick a kid gets funky in hot, humid tropical weather. We would cheat and go to the base pool to use the showers there. Was so happy when we got base housing and didn't need to deal with that anymore. But those 6 months off base stuck with me that's for sure.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#3 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:47 pm

How do the words "Desert South West" escape these people?

They should have built a water collection/storage infrastructure to accommodate the needs of the population. but NOOOooooo!
Its more important to import the homeless & hopeless in volume, making the problem even worse.
:violin:

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#4 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

The Suadis built huge desalination plants for water why didn't they do that in Calf its exspensive but unlimited water. Use the 10 billion they were going to use on High speed rail lol
Last edited by Hippycrowe on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by Rapidrob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Use too much water, like cell phone hours, and you will be fined. Follow the money trail. The STATE dictates how you will live,or else.....
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#6 Post by Hippycrowe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:33 pm

A few years ago the EPA wanted to have power over farm ponds,my dad was going to fill his 2 ponds in if they tried.

I understand we should conserve water but what about all those low flow toilet's you had to flush 5 times lol

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#7 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 am

Many Caribbean islands don't have any fresh water, they either tank it in or desalinate.
Its just a question of the will to do something against do nothing.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#8 Post by Hippycrowe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am

Why would you take a vacation in Calf if you can't shower or wash your clothes while there.
Those depend on rain fall and only so much rain falls in a year

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#9 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Why would I go there, period?
Back in the 90's I was offered a prestigious position teaching photography at "Brooks Institute of Photography" in Santa Barbara, California. I couldn't match up some of the demands with the rewards & so passed on the position. Suddenly they folded overnight, in a flash, so in retrospect its probably one of the better "losses" I've endured!
:violin: :whistle:

luigi
United States of America

#10 Post by luigi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Tommy Atkins wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 am
Many Caribbean islands don't have any fresh water, they either tank it in or desalinate.
Its just a question of the will to do something against do nothing.
I am familiar with the desal units when I worked oversea's. They work but the electrical cost and material corrosion are high. Everyone has to have water and you will pay no matter how expensive!

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#11 Post by Hippycrowe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:50 pm

They use reverse osmosis on the Desalination don't they

luigi
United States of America

#12 Post by luigi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:50 pm
They use reverse osmosis on the Desalination don't they
Yep....you are correct. The "RO" is just an ultra filter that screens out the Sodium and Chlorine ions. The reject stream is about 25%+/- of the incoming flow and goes right back into the ocean.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#13 Post by Hippycrowe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Didn't some one invent a straw you could use to take out salt in water or have I watched too many sci fi shows

capt14k
United States of America

#14 Post by capt14k » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:49 pm

This is ridiculous. 55 gallons of water a day for a family of 4. That means low flow shower head and each get take a 5 minute shower and you are at 40 gallons, standard toilet each flush twice a day and there is another 13 gallons, standard newer washing machine 27 gallons, newer dishwasher 6 gallons of water you just got a fine and went 31 gallons over. That doesn’t include water for brushing your teeth, washing your hands, cooking, or watering the lawn and flowers. If you have young children and they need a bath that is minimum 25 gallons of water. Even if you bathe both kids together it’s more water than the showers.

Literally a family of 4 can each shower and flush the toilet twice and only have 2 gallons to spare to wash your hands and brush your teeth. If you have an old 3.5 gallon flush toilet you got a fine.

Next day you do laundry and wash dishes and each flush the toilet twice you have 9 gallons of water to spare so you can wash your hands, brush your teeth, make some pasta and get a whopping 5 gallon jug of water on the lawn or flowers. Again if you have an old 3.5 gallon flush toilet instead of 13 gallons you used 28 gallons so no water left over and you get a fine.

It is impossible to do without spending money to upgrade to 1 gallon flush toilets, 1.5 gallon showerheads, High efficiency 14 gallon washer and 4 gallon dishwashers. Now you are looking at dropping $3,000 and still having to live like animals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#15 Post by Hippycrowe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:12 am

Why do I think the ones who wrote the law won't have to follow it

Return to “General Off Topic”