Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Connection not private?

Pauljbk
United States of America

Connection not private?

#1 Post by Pauljbk » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Today this week website issue saying that it's not private and it pops up everytime I click something, is it any one else getting this also?

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: Connection not private?

#2 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I don't quite understand what you may be saying, but, I can say this...the other day my wife said, "Hey, I am getting some of the neighbor's emails sent on my tablet." Yes, every once in a while I will receive the neighbor's sent email who lives right across the road. Even though it is supposed to be controlled by the Router code, it appears that his wire-less Router has enough power out that it can come into my incoming email - just once in a while, not all of the time. This is not uncommon. When my wife first bought her so-called WI-FI tablet, I asked her to walk up the road to see when her tablet would stop working and she got a long block away before it quit.
You may recall a few years ago when someone set in their car outside of a TARGET store and read all of their outgoing email with the customer's credit card numbers.
A while back a local high school kid told me that he is in the school's computer club and they have all learned how to 'Hack the web'. As to what extent their hacking can be done, I don't know. But one can buy 'PASSWORD' decoding programs for just a few dollars. Anyone that knows how can set up a receiver near some ones wire less router and then with a amplifying repeater go off anywhere and read the information.
And when one uses their Wi-Fi in some shop, it is for the whole world to see.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Pauljbk
United States of America

#3 Post by Pauljbk » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Sorry my new phones spell check changes words and I didn't read my post first. This forum is saying that the connection is not private and everytime I click on something it pops up and I have to go to advanced settings and allow the phone to go on the page. It started doing it today and said something about the websites certificate running out today.

lloydiam
United States of America

#4 Post by lloydiam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:24 pm

Yeap me too !..............

elricfate
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

#5 Post by elricfate » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am

There's nothing wrong. The SSL cert lapsed because I have no money to pay for it.

elricfate
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

#6 Post by elricfate » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 am

Your browser is just telling you. It has nothing to do with the forum software. Just without a cert, your browser is warning you that your connection might not be secure because it can't tell that it's being encrypted end to end.

Pauljbk
United States of America

#7 Post by Pauljbk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Thanks for explaining it, I was worried seeing you it.

LCPfraTN
United States of America

#8 Post by LCPfraTN » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:02 am

elricfate wrote:There's nothing wrong. The SSL cert lapsed because I have no money to pay for it.
Do you need help from the forum members to address the money issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Off Topic”