Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Find the music......

ffuries
United States of America

Find the music......

#1 Post by ffuries » Sat May 26, 2018 9:30 pm

0330 this morning I heard an alarm go off, couldn't figure where though. Heard it again at 0630, 0930 then at 1230. Crap found the source of the alarm, it's me.

My ICD was sounding an alarm every three hours because one of my leads fractured. So in theory it can't give me therapy if needed. SOOO I'm a guest of Bay Medical Center until Tuesday at the earliest, when my Cardiologist comes in and decides when we'll do the surgery and if he'll let me out until then. So in reality it sounds like I'll be here until at least Friday the 1st of June, and they even grounded me to my room in the hospital. Yeah we'll see how that works out...........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

steamer
United States of America

Re: Find the music......

#2 Post by steamer » Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 am

A week in the hospital stinks but hopefully their going to get you a nice new one without any defects. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :handgestures-thumbup:

ffuries
United States of America

Re: Find the music......

#3 Post by ffuries » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:20 pm

The on-call Cardiologist didn't know or want to tell me what the alarm was. My Cardiologist knew right away what is was when I described the alarm to him. A faint beeping sound like a truck backing up that sounds every 24 hours means low battery (means you still have several months on it). A loud European siren sounding alarm that sounds every 3 hours means either lead failure or ICD failure (means get your ass to the hospital ASAP), that's the alarm I was getting.

Well I was kicked to the curb about 1130 Thursday. So I'm now at home chilling out in my bed. OMG the bed is so much softer and bigger. Can't go anywhere right now without the dogs following me, they went nuts when I walked in, our female Husky laid across my ankles, and our male Malamute/Husky laid across my lap. Guess they didn't want me disappearing again (was only MIA for 5 nights).

Doc doesn't want me doing any shooting for a couple months. Oh well guess I'll just have to fondle the guns for now. 

Medtronic learned after the fact that the leads were prone to breakage, but they were lasting for at least 15-18 years before any issue with that (Even longer for non active patients). Mine only made it 11 1/2 years, due to me being far more active than most people with ICDs. Hell Medtronic gave me a lifetime warranty on my new leads, and paid for my entire surgery and hospital stay. So I can't say enough good things about Medtronic. Hell nothing lasts forever, and yet they acted as if it should have, and felt bad that it didn't.

CINC Household got me the latest Clive Cussler book to read, and Call of Duty: WWII for the XBOX One (Can shoot guns in the game, seeing i can't shoot my real ones). Now my meds are kicking in, got the house to myself, the Huskies are curled up next to me in foxballs, so I guess it's time to take a nap!

Here's a picture after the dressing came off, no that isn't iodine that is bruising........
Attachments
20180601_104037.jpg
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Off Topic”