Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Never will I speak ill of the forum members here

vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Never will I speak ill of the forum members here

#1 Post by vonalt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Today I was perusing some of the sub forums on facebook that I like to follow sometimes. I saw a post the other day on another forum that I thought was pertinent to the subject at hand. So I decided to share it over there. I had hardly hit the return key until the hyenas were out telling me how wrong I was and how right they were. Then and there I decided I was done with them.

If I have an opinion or a fact to share from now on, it will be on here. We have a kinder more gentile sort of membership here. Bunch of snarling snapping wolves at each other's throats. Why people want to use social media is beyond me, I am done.

Stick with a better class of enthusiast here. Pat yourselves on the back guys.

Vonalt

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Never will I speak ill of the forum members here

#2 Post by Ghoulardi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

some of the gun boards, one in particular that is known for "black rifles", is a real slimy cesspool. after reading a few threads. I came to the realization that

1) there is nothing useful to be gained from there either on the "black rifle" or other firearms.

2) the membership should be all on lithium or other anti-psychotic medication
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 pm

I am kinda glad we have a new forum now some of the guys on the old forum were kinda jerks the guys on the new forum seens to be nicer.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

#4 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:55 am

I have always thought of this forum as top notch, with almost no trolls in sight. I appreciate it even more when I read these reviews of the other sites. Thanks, all.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

tired bear
United States of America

#5 Post by tired bear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:45 am

I'm a member of only two forums, this one being the first I joined. I, too, enjoy the fact that the members here are mature enough to realize that others are entitled to their opinions without being belittled or browbeaten. The other forum is almost the same with exception of a couple of members with high post numbers who seem enjoy thrashing some OPs for having any opinion at all. I also noticed how they are generally ignored. I agree with vonalt, show respect for others if you want it in return. Love this forum.
182+ posts before the old forum crashed. :violin:

spidereyes455
United States of America

#6 Post by spidereyes455 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 pm

That's the reason this is the only firearms forum I belong to or use. It's just a better more civilized group of collectors and enthusiasts than anywhere else on the net.

vandle
Australia

#7 Post by vandle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:48 am

spidereyes455 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 pm
That's the reason this is the only firearms forum I belong to or use. It's just a better more civilized group of collectors and enthusiasts than anywhere else on the net.
I do surf some of the "other Firearms" forums but only contribute to this one.
When you see people belittled for asking questions or for making errors in their
contributions to the forum, its a little off putting .Not everyone is at the same
level of knowledge and not everyone can spend every waking moment studying
our great hobby.

The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and patient and are very
willing to part with their knowledge and experiences.
Thats why we keep coming back
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

Hams03
United States of America

#8 Post by Hams03 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 am

Only firearms forum i am a member of. Class goes a long way.

M67
Slovenia

#9 Post by M67 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 am

I am participating in several forums. I am the member of only two weapons forums. I must say that you can not find so many useful information exchanges anywhere. Actually, nowhere. The level of cultural discussion and exchange of views is extremely high here in the SRF. I have not experienced such a warm reception yet. I am very pleased to be a member of this forum and that's why I want to show my exhibits so much. I am really sorry that the old forum does not continue, as I have already presented most of my small weapons collection.
Thanks members!
Best regards from Slovenia! M67-Franko
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#10 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 pm

I have joined, & left, most of the F/B shooting & collecting pages. Several who require you to sign up because they're "private" within a day.

professrh
United States of America

#11 Post by professrh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 pm

I've learned a lot here--and that's made easier to do by the gracious and generous nature of the participants and the discussions. Thanks to everybody who's contributed to my learning! SRF is really a class act, and I'm grateful to see it (us) continuing to weather the recent storm. All best to all y'all.

--Prof

Friedspam
United States of America

#12 Post by Friedspam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 pm
I am kinda glad we have a new forum now some of the guys on the old forum were kinda jerks the guys on the new forum seens to be nicer.
Are you talking about me again, have you been corresponding with my wife, she says the same thing about me all the time?

I'll try to straighten up.

On the original topic, I have made real friends on this forum, not easy to do in today's atmosphere. On the social media line of thought, I am gladly blissful of the whole scenario, I gave my wife instructions on keeping me abreast of anything important I should know about, years later I haven't gotten my first update so I guess nothing important has occurred as of yet.

Mike

polaris
United States of America

#13 Post by polaris » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:34 pm

This one certainly is good. I like Nosler and CMP also, although you will run into a fair amount of curmudgeon-ness on the latter.

bakka9
United States of America

#14 Post by bakka9 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 am

I never thought to put a word to what this board has that others lack, but class definitely fits. I'm a member on an AZ gun board and this one, that's plenty for me.

That AZ forum has its fair share of people with diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain; I like this place better.

echo1
United States of America

#15 Post by echo1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:50 am

I'm on a bunch, mostly mil surp and C&R oriented. There's much to be gleaned from those in the know, with real world experiences, in particular, weapons and ammo failure. This place is friendly. PAX

Return to “General Off Topic”