Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Walmart says 21 to buy a long gun

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Walmart says 21 to buy a long gun

#1 Post by Rapidrob » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Walmart just posted all stores will sell long guns and shotguns only to 21 year old buyers. Regardless of what state law says. They have sided with the anti-gunners.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

Re: Walmart says 21 to buy a long gun

#2 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Walmart just got put on the list I keep that has Hertz, Enterprise, Metlife, etc. on it. Its a pity too. I went there today and used to like shopping there.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#3 Post by Ghoulardi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 pm

won't affect me from shopping there. I don't fall for all this stylish nonsense of boycotting places.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

steamer
United States of America

#4 Post by steamer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 am

All gun owners should support the businesses that support us - it's that simple. If places like Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. want to be kiss-ass political pawns, then spend you cash elsewhere - especially for anything major.
There's nothing to "fall for" here, just common sense. :!:

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#5 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:29 am

I believe the President wants to raise the age to buy an assault rifle to 21, not to mention ordering the DOJ to ban bump stocks and making the background check stronger. He even mentioned taking guns away from dangerous people and then starting due process. I saw him say the last remark directly on camera yesterday. Stores are the least of any worries.

Best Regards,

Mark

gabe
United States of America

#6 Post by gabe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 am

It's a sad day. I'm not sure why they'd implement this policy though, I feel like their bread and butter is smaller rural communities (more conservative). The bottom line is what's going to control their policy making though so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#7 Post by Ghoulardi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:30 pm

steamer wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 am
All gun owners should support the businesses that support us - it's that simple. If places like Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. want to be kiss-ass political pawns, then spend you cash elsewhere - especially for anything major.
There's nothing to "fall for" here, just common sense. :!:

no, it's not common sense, it's ridiculous and nothing more then just a knee jerk reaction.
Last edited by Ghoulardi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

luigi
United States of America

#8 Post by luigi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 pm

I don't have a problem with it. I never bought guns from them and have always supported the smaller "mom & pop" family owned gun shops.
After seeing some of the under 21 generation on tv lately I think maybe the voting age should be raised to 21 as well.

steamer
United States of America

#9 Post by steamer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:47 pm

One of the worst fallouts is that all of the retailers seem to adjust their prices upward, and/or make their foolish political statements, every time a crisis like this happens.

Ozzman
United States of America

#10 Post by Ozzman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:27 pm

luigi wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 pm
I don't have a problem with it... After seeing some of the under 21 generation on tv lately I think maybe the voting age should be raised to 21 as well.
I have a problem with it.

Walmart, Dicks, etc. have sold out to the commies.
Like Academy, and Cheaper than Dirt (CDT), I simply will not buy any sporting goods from them again.
I keep getting emails from CDT stating "where did you go"... Lol C-YA chumps!

In this country most of us are raised to be responsible adults at age 18, know the consequences of our actions, and enjoy life/youth. Not sure about you guys but I remember that was something I looked forward to in my teens. As an adult you have the right to vote, get married, buy a long gun, buy a house, make financial decisions, and find out who you are.

There is no other right in the constitution that states "shall not be infringed", thus the 2nd shall have not criteria limitations. Setting the age to 21 is a BIG limitation for a god given RIGHT, and I don't agree with that.

I stand against the day our government states that one cannot speak their mind, have the right to remain silent, or have due process until they reach age 21. That is the same difference as saying one cannot defend/arm themselves until they are 21. I have a big problem with it!

I am sending my letters out tomorrow to my congressmen.
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#11 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:27 am

Ohio's drinking age is 21........ Probably more states like that too.

Best Regards,

Mark

wjh
United States of America

#12 Post by wjh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 pm

For Walmart, the 21 is for ammunition too. Also, any toy firearm (pellet, airsoft, etc.) that looks evil will not be sold. That just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I wonder how long before they will deny concealed carry in their stores? REI today says it is severing ties with companies that own companies that make firearms. It has become an all-out culture war. You own a gun, you are a bad person. It is no longer about AR rifles, it is about firearm ownership in general.

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#13 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:11 pm

They shot a guy at a Walmart here carrying an Airsoft inside the store a few years back. The guy was a bit disturbed upstairs, but the police still shot him. Apparently nobody told the police he had an Airsoft, unless it is procedure to shot at people carrying orange tipped rifles.

I don't really blame people for being afraid of AR-15's after all the attacks. Not everybody is cut out to own a gun, nor want one. If they are afraid, then they will react accordingly. That's common sense. If the government can heavily regulate full automatic guns, then AR's and AK's will likely be next. The states can do what they please to a large extent, not to mention the federal government. It is best gun owners at least have some sort of understanding of the other side of the issue. You are going to lose if you don't understand the other side. That's Sun Tzu speaking.

Best Regards,

Mark

wjh
United States of America

#14 Post by wjh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:00 am

I understand the other side. I've been reading what they say for years. It is not really about the AR rifles. It is about all firearms. The legislation they propose today will never be enough. It is a game where they move the ball towards the goal line a few yards at a time. What they say when the cameras are rolling is what they feel they can get through legislatively. I understand that. They use things like "common sense" to make it sound like we are all crazy. If you look at the states that have the most restrictive laws, they are never enough. They get even more restrictive as the years' pass. They are playing the long game and eventually will probably win. As an example, if you read the current HB 5087 it grandfathers in the rifles that already exist. That would stand for a few years until one is used in a shooting. They would then want to register them, remember the machine guns? Eventually, they would require a tax to possess them, like machine guns. Then probably prevent you from transferring them. Yep, they play the long game. Currently, it is a culture war to alter peoples feelings about firearms. It is worked on several people evidenced by them cutting up their rifles.

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#15 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 am

I still have my AR-15 lower. If you are determined to fight a DIP mission, you will eventually achieve success, that is "Die In Place."

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “General Off Topic”