Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

posting pictures

flg-wrk
United States of America

posting pictures

#1 Post by flg-wrk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi all. Is there a way to transfer pictures from computer documents section of windows 7 to use in this forum.
Or do I have to use the photo bucket racket ways. I ask because I don't have photo bucket or other systems to
post on here.

Thanks

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: posting pictures

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 am

Did you review this older post.
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... ?f=79&t=66

I use the form method to fix a photo so it stays put. This allows me only 5 photos per post > So I just make a secondary post to add 5 more photos if I got more than 5. I have noticed that Zeliard is reconstructing the old lost stickies and has many photos posted within a single post. I do not know his secret, or he is using some other format. I have an old computer 2003 Mac and it allows me to post 5 photos in a single post, but it's so old I have to add them 1 at a time and hit "submit" to post 1 photo, then edit to add another. Now on the gals new mac next door she can add 5 in one shot. So just put the photos on the desk top and when you hit the "attachment" and get the "add FILES" button you will see a box that lets you find what files on the desk top or other locations you need to grab the specific photo from. On mine, each photo on the desk top that I down loaded from my camera or copied from the internet has a name and this shows up in the box of what files to attach.
So review the above link that really should be a sticky or in an easy place to find, just that it's not. This should provide info for you to attach photos.

:idea: :idea: One of the mods may write a tutorial on how to post photos and put it in the guidelines section so it is easy to find.. It is really needed. But for now that above link should help. :think:

I am not a PC guy, but to use/lift/copy a photo from an on line source I just click on the photo and drag it to my desk top an "poof" the photo is copied and shows up on my desk top. Then I can use the forum method to attach the photo to the forum, but be sure to give credit to its source since its not your photo. On a PC,????? the method to use an internet photo may be different and some PC gal or guy can tell you how to lift /copy a posted photo that you can use with proper credit and source provided. That would be great info to also have in a tutorial?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

flg-wrk
United States of America

Re: posting pictures

#3 Post by flg-wrk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes I forgot to use the search feature.
I will try to get it figured out now.
Thanks again.

Return to “General Off Topic”