Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Big Fond du Lac WI Gun show Sat

72 usmc
United States of America

Big Fond du Lac WI Gun show Sat

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 pm

So for the WI boys and girls the states large show is this Saturday 0800- 5 at the Fond du Lac city fair grounds. This show is always heavy with surplus rifles although prices are going somewhat high of late. I'll be the one with a VZ 24 on my shoulder to sell so I can buy a set of the K98 books. I am one of the fist 10 people in line. It runs 2 days. It takes 2 hours to walk by/look at all the tables: a big show -huge say 450-500 tables????- a fantastic show and great brats. I am too old to buy more guns, but it's great for books, brats, bayonets, and military items as well as ammo. See this link. A huge parking lot and free parking and $5 to get in. :clap: :dance:
http://www.centralwisconsingun.org/
shows are held at the
Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds
at 495 Martin Avenue in Fond du Lac, WI 54935

The Public is invited Guest Admission is $5.00

Hours for the show are
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday
8:00 am to 3:00 pm on Sunday
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: Big Fond du Lac WI Gun show Sat

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Show was crazy rich in surplus goodies. Just what, :shock: well how about the deal of the show--- :dance: :doh: a Mas 36 for $85 Snapped that up in the first 10 min with bayonet and sling, my P14 in original stock no import marks, cut volley sights, but mint barrel and great headspace for $500 and finally, I was out of money . So I had to do a trade for a dou 45 Israeli 7.62 conversion mauser with winter trigger for a trade of my scrubbed vz 24- both headspace and had great bores. The "7.62" is stamped above the dos 45, it is import marked on the barrel not receiver- the bolt actually matches from the rebuild. Lots of other great prices and some down right high crazy prices like $400 on a stinking Yugo mauser. So if you are in WI, :idea: best go to it on Sunday, also lots of surplus pistols. Bring lots of cash-- all mine is gone. But that P14 was the last rifle I wanted to actually own and shoot.

I missed a SMLE complete with volley sights and cut off, with some sort of odd bolt addition/all original no import marks with sling :snooty: :think: :roll: at $500, a $800 rifle and the guy that got it was delighted.
:arrow: :cry: :shock: For the Mosin and Turk mauser nuts yes but at $165-200, lots of helmets and bayonets but prices seemed high to me.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

steamer
United States of America

#3 Post by steamer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Sounds like you had a great time - congrats on the MAS 36. Way better than most of the gun shows I've been to in my neck of the stinking desert.

72 usmc
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:40 am

It was good because 5 tables were dead collectors stuff being sold at bargain prices by the son, daughter, and wife. Two were huge collections of surplus pistols like 50-80 on 2 tables, one about 30 rifles, and the others surplus rifles and pistols generally at what the former collector paid or about 50-100 bucks above 1990 or 2000 prices. Also lots of ammo but at .25 cents a round for 8mm and 30-06-- too much for me. Her dad paid $400 for the unimport marked P14 and she sold it at $500 to me. It was the only P14 at the show, odd maybe about 10-12 P17s , but no P14s. One table had lots of Japanese pistols- maybe 10 or so. Cool, but not worth the effort. No Tokarev bring backs. Lots of Lugers, but all priced high. another odd thing -no RC Mausers at the show, but a few K98k bring backs priced at $1200-2900. I was looking at some kind of auto, brown handle vz 27?? pistols in small holsters with Nazi dirty birds in .32 but at $400 was too much and no trade for my rifle- they wanted to dispose of the stuff not trade for more. Also lots of South American mausers in 7mm all with crests. When you are on retirement you just do not have cash for toys. :roll: :cry:

72 usmc
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Anyone else go to the show. Let us know your comments. Pick anything up? It seemed like a light crowd and not too many buyers, lots of people walking around with hunting rifles to sell. Not many takers.
I think people are getting sick of the high prices. It seemed like not too many surplus guys or gals were there! Few surplus rifle walk ins. Mostly old guys in there 50s-70. The best deals were on the tables. I only saw about 10 guys of the many that hunt for surplus goodies at the show. Maybe more went on Sunday, but with a Packer game the place is generally empty by noon.

steamer
United States of America

#6 Post by steamer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:36 pm

72 usmc wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm
I think people are getting sick of the high prices.
Yes, I'm sick of high prices these days and I've only been collecting milsurps for 11 years. I can only imagine how the folks that have been collecting for decades feel about todays high prices and limited availability.

Return to “General Off Topic”