Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Las Vegas Shooting

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Las Vegas Shooting

#16 Post by Ghoulardi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 pm

wjh wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:47 pm

If you want one, get it now.
anyone wanna make a bet that the prices of those stocks or the "tac-con" triggers will skyrocket in price? if they're not already sold out

BTW, there is already a yahoo that uploaded a clip on YOUTUBE demonstrating the stock.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

wjh
United States of America

#17 Post by wjh » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 pm

I've never felt compelled to have a bump fire stock. Ammo is too expensive for that
type of shooting. My range doesn't allow them either. They are worried about people
losing control and shooting over the berms.

I've spent part of the evening (wasting time) talking to liberals on Facebook. What a time waster
it is talking to them. The news media puts out so much garbage. My friend watched an NBC
report and determined you could go to a gun show, spend $50, and buy a full auto-sear and
just convert your AR in your basement. They really believe this stuff. Also, that there is no
background check when buying a firearm online. That one just keeps going around and around and around.

Oh well, I'm done with that. It is just a waste of time. They really think you can legislate violence out of
society, so naive.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#18 Post by Ghoulardi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am

wjh wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 pm
My friend watched an NBC report and determined you could go to a gun show, spend $50, and buy a full auto-sear and just convert your AR in your basement.
well, he's half right. you can convert a AR15 to a select fire in a basement pretty easily, it'll be more then 50 bucks though. the gun shows up here you can buy a complete M16 fire control group and a M16 bolt carrier. I'm pretty sure that you can buy those same parts in any Kansas gun show as well.

then all you need is a template to locate where to drill the sear pin hole, which can be found in books found at gun shows. drill the hole, "hog out" the shelf in the lower receiver for the sear to fit in and that is pretty much it.

what stops the vast majority of people from doing it, is the simple fact of being caught and prosecuted. but, I have no doubt that it's being done and has been done, even by "law abiding gun owners" and "squirreled" away as some "SHTF' nonsense.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#19 Post by Tommy Atkins » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Funny you should say that. This just popped up:
"Stephen Paddock, who killed at least 58 people and wounded hundreds more in Las Vegas on Sunday with high-powered rifles, was prescribed an anti-anxiety drug in June that can lead to aggressive behavior, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has learned.
Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.
A woman who answered the phone at Winkler’s office would not make him available to answer questions and would neither confirm nor deny that Paddock was ever a patient.
Paddock purchased the drug — its brand name is Valium — without insurance at a Walgreens store in Reno on the same day it was prescribed. He was supposed to take one pill a day.
Diazepam is a sedative-hypnotic drug in the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, which studies have shown can trigger aggressive behavior. Chronic use or abuse of sedatives such as diazepam can also trigger psychotic experiences, according to drugabuse.com.
"
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the ... g-in-june/

wjh
United States of America

#20 Post by wjh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Diazepam, I wonder what else he may have got in another state?
It is so bizarre.
I just read that Cabelas removed bump-stocks from their online store.
That didn't take very long.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#21 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 am

Hmmm, I wonder. Might she be the same Hispanic woman that was running round the concert trying to warn people they were “all going to die"! a short time before the attack started?

“investigators are trying to identify a mystery woman seen with Stephen Paddock in the days before the Las Vegas massacre, several law enforcement officials told NBC News. “

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-v ... er-n807801

wjh
United States of America

#22 Post by wjh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:39 am

I read today she left several weeks ago to travel in Asia. She arrived in Manila on Sept. 15 from Tokyo. She went to Hong Kong on Sept. 22 and came back to Manila Sept. 25.

The Wall Street Journal says GOP is considering a ban on bump fire stocks. Diane Feinstein introduced legislation that would ban the sale, transfer,
manufacture or possession of bump stocks and other accessories that accelerate a semi-auto weapon's rate of fire. It indicates GOP leadership is
discussing it. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R. Texas) said they should explore it and Ron Johnson (R. Wisc.) said he supported the ban.

I wonder if they will address the "echo" type triggers as manuf. by Fostech?

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#23 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

I think you're confusing the 2 separate females.
His Australian/Filipino girl friend yes, but that's not the woman they're looking for she's being interviewed already.
He had a different "companion" who is reported as being "Hispanic". That's the mystery one they're seeking no one seems to know much about her at all.

wjh
United States of America

#24 Post by wjh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Oh, now I see. If she was in the hotel you know they have a good video of her.
Las Vegas is the land of surveillance cameras.

wjh
United States of America

#25 Post by wjh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:25 pm

It is all over the news that the NRA wants regulations on bump stocks.
They have already caved to the pressure. I'm totally shocked. We
don't even know the whole story yet and they throw in the towel. It
won't stop with bump stocks, never does when you crack the door.

Markeb2800
United States of America

#26 Post by Markeb2800 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 am

I'm very disappointed in the NRA. I'm guessing that if a bill comes to a vote, it will have so many anti-gun amendments that it won't pass. The dems won't be happy with a clean bill on "bump stocks". Personally, I'm against any infringement. Even on "bump stocks".

NCshooter
United States of America

#27 Post by NCshooter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Ya gotta wonder what kind of evil could do something like this. Senseless and nobody wins.

Ozzman
United States of America

#28 Post by Ozzman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

Markeb2800 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 am
I'm very disappointed in the NRA.
^^^ This.

They called me on Monday asking me for a donation, and I let them know what I think about them for giving in so quickly to a "knee-jerk" decision. I let the caller know that she needs to make a note that I will not give another dime if bump stocks are banned. Their position opens the door to other items being banned. Call ended right before she said I was not the first one to say that to her.
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#29 Post by Ghoulardi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Ozzman wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am
Markeb2800 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 am
I'm very disappointed in the NRA.
^^^ This.

They called me on Monday asking me for a donation, and I let them know what I think about them for giving in so quickly to a "knee-jerk" decision. I let the caller know that she needs to make a note that I will not give another dime if bump stocks are banned. Their position opens the door to other items being banned. Call ended right before she said I was not the first one to say that to her.
you know that you weren't actually talking to or to anyone associated with the NRA, that is a telecall service and they could give a rat's butt what your opinion is.

Ozzman
United States of America

#30 Post by Ozzman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Ghoulardi wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:45 pm
you know that you weren't actually talking to or to anyone associated with the NRA, that is a telecall service and they could give a rat's butt what your opinion is.
Well, she heard me anyway.
What is the definition of PROCRASTINATION?
"I'll tell you tomorrow"

Return to “General Off Topic”