Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

A little humor.

HectorFuego
United States of America

A little humor.

#1 Post by HectorFuego » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Many years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The doctor who treated me is with a group of physicians who specialize in afflictions involving nether region plumbing, and I can say without too much exaggeration that his skill saved my life. While enough time has passed that reoccurrence is unlikely, I still go in once a year for a PSA check, and to discuss any changes that might warrant investigation.

Today was the day of that annual visit, and everything was fine.

His office is on the southeast corner of the intersection of U.S, Hwy 40 and Missouri 291 in Independence, MO. If you look it up on a satellite map this might make more sense, because you can see that the Little Blue river meanders about a quarter of a mile from that intersection. In years past, that river was notorious for flooding at the slightest sprinkle, but a massive flood control project has tamed it for the most part. Nevertheless, it has been a very wet summer around here. The night before last we had a heavy rain, which cleared up just in time for the eclipse (thank you very much). Last night we had another torrential rain which lasted nearly all night long.

On my way to the doctor’s appointment I was wondering what the Little Blue would be doing, and sure enough it was well out of its banks, with water covering the parking lots of many businesses in that office park. As I was leaving, I noticed the street was flooded within a block of the clinic.

If the water had risen another foot, my doctor and his staff would have been wading from patient to patient. But, hey, they are urologists so they’re used to it.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

ffuries
United States of America

Re: A little humor.

#2 Post by ffuries » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 pm

HectorFuego wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:28 pm
Many years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The doctor who treated me is with a group of physicians who specialize in afflictions involving nether region plumbing, and I can say without too much exaggeration that his skill saved my life. While enough time has passed that reoccurrence is unlikely, I still go in once a year for a PSA check, and to discuss any changes that might warrant investigation.

Today was the day of that annual visit, and everything was fine.

His office is on the southeast corner of the intersection of U.S, Hwy 40 and Missouri 291 in Independence, MO. If you look it up on a satellite map this might make more sense, because you can see that the Little Blue river meanders about a quarter of a mile from that intersection. In years past, that river was notorious for flooding at the slightest sprinkle, but a massive flood control project has tamed it for the most part. Nevertheless, it has been a very wet summer around here. The night before last we had a heavy rain, which cleared up just in time for the eclipse (thank you very much). Last night we had another torrential rain which lasted nearly all night long.

On my way to the doctor’s appointment I was wondering what the Little Blue would be doing, and sure enough it was well out of its banks, with water covering the parking lots of many businesses in that office park. As I was leaving, I noticed the street was flooded within a block of the clinic.

If the water had risen another foot, my doctor and his staff would have been wading from patient to patient. But, hey, they are urologists so they’re used to it.

Hector
I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in December 2010, my Urologist at the AFB was named Dr Fountain. It was a point of pride for him and the way he broke the ice to put you at ease.

There is a local Dentist with the name Buttram, which gets broken down by kids as Butt Ram versus But Tram.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

HectorFuego
United States of America

#3 Post by HectorFuego » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 am

My wife was an RN and one of her jokes was how do you tell a urologist? He's the one with the yellow shoes.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#4 Post by Tommy Atkins » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 am

Old nursing joke:
How do you tell the difference between an Oral & a Rectal thermometer?
The taste!

ric44
United States of America

#5 Post by ric44 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:31 am

Funny .

idahoshooter
United States of America

#6 Post by idahoshooter » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Tommy Atkins wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 am
Old nursing joke:
How do you tell the difference between an Oral & a Rectal thermometer?
The taste!
HAHA, that's terrible the best way.

Return to “General Off Topic”