Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

East German DDR display

ffuries
United States of America

East German DDR display

#1 Post by ffuries » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:59 pm

I've had a Grenztruppen Der DDR uniform hanging in a closet for many years, the wife says you need to display it. She found some manniquins (I call them life size action figures) and bought them. So we went about dressing one of them. Couldn't find the hat, belt or holster for about a month or so. Finally found them in a box in the attic.

Now all I need is an East German Makarov to complete it. I have a chunk of the Berlin Wall (About a 8 inch by 5 inch piece) that I broke off the wall, the Star and Stripes newspaper with the German Reunification headline that we are going to get framed. Plus a clock made from a poster of the crowds standing on the Brandenburg Gate after the wall came down, that we got at the same time. So when I move the office/gun room down stairs they'll be displayed together.

The skull was added to hold the hat and for comic relief. My wife has told me we will find an appropriate manniquin (Action figure) head to add to it. It's a work in progress and will add to it.

Sorry the pictures posted sideways for some reason.
Attachments
file-1.jpeg
file-1.jpeg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
20170522_200247.jpg
20170522_200247.jpg (104.71 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
Last edited by ffuries on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

marysdad
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: East German DDR display

#2 Post by marysdad » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Very nice!
worldbayonets.com | Bayonet Collector's Network (BCN) | Society of American Bayonet Collectors | Life Member NRA | C&R FFL

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

Return to “Militaria, Kits, Belts, Packs, etc”