Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

WW II POW restricted documents found

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

WW II POW restricted documents found

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:30 pm

I am posting this limited information in the hopes of buying these documents from a guy, but neither of us have any idea of there worth. I do not want to offer too little because I am after a possible bring back rifle that he has not shown me yet. I think he is sort of testing me too see what I offer for the documents. These are original WW II. This is what I found and I was only allowed to photo the top of the first page. These are stamped restricted which is underlined in red pencil. The documents are from different dates during April 1945 and are accounts of General Eric Woods reconnaissance of Allied POW Camps in Germany. They are not original type written, rather they are black ink, mimeographed duplicates on yellowed legal size paper. Each has Gen. Woods signature on them in mimeographed form- it is not his actual signature that must be on the original first copy. They are not carbon copies from a type writer. Some have original photographs glued onto the pages. This is what the group contains: Six POW camp descriptions of the April 1945 reconnaissance written by the general and one account of the Holocaust inspection of Buchenwald with five pictures that are type written on the bottom "personally taken by Gen. Wood". This Holocaust document has 22 pages. The other allied POW documents range from 1 page to 10 pages type written- these are not the original type written document, rather a WW II period duplicate. None of these Allied documents have pictures.
1 Reconnaissance of Russian Allied POW Camps

2 POW Camp village of Oberfeld French & Belgian POWs

3 Al???D Fred?lg Center Allied POW Camp

4 Stalag IX-C POW Camp at Bad Sulza

5 Interviews with liberated American POWs at Altenburg Germany

6 Stalag XII-A Russian POW Camp Diez

7 Inspection of Buchenwald 16 April 1945 with photos taken by General Wood glued down. Due to very graphic nature only two photos are shown.
photos in order 1-7
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG
Last edited by 72 usmc on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: WW II POW restricted documents found

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 pm

more of the photos:
IMG_1362.JPG
The 22 page Holocaust document describing what the general saw at Buchenwald on 16 April 1945
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
Unfortunately my camera did not focus well, this is a pile of burnt human bones and skull fragments
IMG_1366.JPG
So does any one have knowledge of such documents. They are mimeographed and not the generals actual typed pages. What is the value of such a group? They are very interesting and I am trying to convince the guy to allow me to at least scan the documents for our historical society. Anyone have knowledge or expertise in similar paper items please comment. They are real, just that the old vet is not too trusting of strangers. Any input is welcome.
How rare are such documents and what value are they worth if they are not the original typed and signed paper?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: WW II POW restricted documents found

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 am

Well I got no feedback and they sold while I thought about it. So I do not have to bother about these, unfortunately they went so fast I did not get a chance to scan them. So consider this a dead post. I can no long post scans of the complete items, bummer

Return to “Militaria, Kits, Belts, Packs, etc”