Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

FRENCH Patch identification

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

FRENCH Patch identification

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 am

I have no idea if it is British or French, WW I or WW II. If anyone that knows or collects patches has any idea please can you identify this patch? It is a British olive color and has bullion thread and small metal disks sewn on a half moon shape with the number 4 above the half moon symbol. I found it in a box of patches and paid 50 cents. I have no idea what it is???? It is 3 1/2 inches long by 1 7/8 wide at its widest portion. It has some sort of dirty white or very light grey piping at the top.
Attachments
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
Last edited by 72 usmc on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

Re: Patch identification

#2 Post by Cattus Borealis » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm willing to bet it is French for their North African troops. The Islamic crescent gives it away.

Someone wiser than me probably has better intel...

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Re: Patch identification

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:41 pm

I agree it is most likely French by shape and design, but the insignia of the 4e regiment de chasseurs d'Afriques is different and most with a 4 have similar shape but a horn. I guess we need a French patch collector to ID this hard to find patch. This could be a Quiz almost all would fail.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Militaria, Kits, Belts, Packs, etc”