http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:15 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

I've always wanted a 3.5" model 27, but they have gotten so dad gummed expensive, I glommed this 4" model 28 instead.

Because of California's crazy handgun laws, pre-lock revolvers must be C&R or an in-state private party purchase to be available in Cali. This one is a C&R.

The finish looks decent, grips seem solid and it should be a good shooter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:31 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Love the iconic Smith and Weapons. Model 27-28 are some of my favorites. You are right about the 27s rising in price. I think some people are turning to these as the Pythons have become stupid ridiculous $$.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:14 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

That's some great looking revolver. :thumb: Can't go wrong with one of these nice older S+Ws.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:26 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

shoot4fun wrote:
Love the iconic Smith and Weapons. Model 27-28 are some of my favorites. You are right about the 27s rising in price. I think some people are turning to these as the Pythons have become stupid ridiculous $$.

Think you are right about the Python. To me, the 3.5" Model 27 epitomizes the .357 Magnum revolver, perhaps even more than the Python.

R.L.E.V.M. wrote:
That's some great looking revolver. :thumb: Can't go wrong with one of these nice older S+Ws.

Thanks. I doubt I'll notice much difference from the 3.5" M27, when I shoot this one...;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:11 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Interesting the M27/M28's have gotten so expensive. I'll have to tell my Dad his 3.5" M27 is "collectible" now. He bought it in '65 for Viet Nam, then decided it was too pretty to take with him. I took up handloading in the '80's in part so I could afford to feed that pistol.

Looks like a LOT of fun! Missed out on a consignment M28 about 6 mos ago, a fellow that buys even more guns than I do got the call first from my favorite arms dealer. Have a 9mm stainless Witness waiting on 30 days right now, no hard feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:28 pm 

Congrats Steve, that is a beautiful handgun!

"If you need Anything more, you either love to waste money on useless crap, or have to wear flip flops, because you are too stupid for Velcro sneakers." Burner