http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:11 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hi all,

I bought a lot at the Rock Island Regional Auction (https://www.rockislandauction.com/detai ... 551#detail) and am looking to sell off a couple of the pieces that would be duplicates in my collection, including a recently imported refurbed 1941 Nagant that appears to have a 32 ACP cylinder, make and fit unknown. What would be the value as-is? Is it worth buying an original cylinder for it for resale? Thanks,

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

It depends on the import mark. It depends on the maker markings. If the import mark is huge and stamped on the left over the markers' mark or a little better on the right side, it's what I would call an anemic shooter. If it's under the barrel, then its nice-- better yet, no import mark. Under the barrel & Imperial marked would be nice. A collector may not want it, but a shooter might since it has the extra cyc. But was it fitted correctly and revolver timing is on and not loose. Most of those took some fitting. As a guy that wants collectable bring backs- Nagants or Imperial marked ones, #-o I would say it's a shooter at best. I would not even consider it at $150. Like a sporter rifle, it is cobbled together. But for some one that wants a .32 converted shooter maybe $200. :think: :think: :think: :think: But then I just hang them on the wall, there are many better example shooter revolvers. I see it is a common 1941 but what make, and what import stamp is present. That is a huge factor in cost. Best be a Tula. From the auction I see holster and Tula. This is good, so I'd say $200 maybe more if the import mark is small and on the barrel. Sell as is, those do not fly of the gun show tables :lol: :lol:

Last edited by 72 usmc on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:35 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

It is a Tula, 1941. Import mark is on the right side, one of the Century dot-matrix jobs. I was hoping to get $200 out of it, anyone else have a thought?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I have been thinking about getting a Nagant...

MOLON LABE!...

C.S.A.