Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Mad Minute.

polaris
United States of America

Re: Mad Minute.

#16 Post by polaris » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm

I've been away for awhile. We had a hard time getting critical mass for a match before the hiccup in the forum, seems a few more gave up. Also the general dearth of milsurps, and more importantly dirt cheap ammo on the market has claimed a few more. I will try and give this match a run soon however as I can shoot in my back yard. Don't know how many entries we'll get, but worth a "shot". Think I'll use a T38 Jap carbine just for fun. Either that or burn up some plinker ammo for one of my Swiss guns. For anyone wishing to shoot an M1 Garand, would it be fair to fire a single load, followed by 2 full enblocs with a dummy round in each requiring manual cycling of the bolt to clear?

dmg4
United States of America

#17 Post by dmg4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am

Still here, but I need to retire so I can be more of a pest.

Our local range (Waterloo Rifle and Pistol Club) is 200 yds, and despite being in NY, if you can fire an accurate and safe shot every 2 seconds with a bolt gun, no one is going to bother you. In fact, you'll draw a crowd to cheer you.

BTW: at our Military Fun Shoots (4X a year), we run a version of a Mad Minute using magazine-fed 22 trainers (Mossbergs, M1922, MAS 45, etc), and falling steel targets (3" angle iron pieces). Now THAT'S fun.
Frequently wrong, never in doubt.

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

#18 Post by Cattus Borealis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm

I can attest to the fun shoots at Waterloo.

Definitely worth the trip.

Dave,

When is the next shoot? I check the Waterloo page every once in a while. I missed September due to an unfortunate series of events.

I hope things are good with you.

Return to “Shooting Events, Ranges and Locations”