http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Played a fourteen hour 1940 Global game on Saturday... excellent game... Axis victory to concession... I am not entirely sure who would have actually won if the game was played to the end. The US was dumping troops in the Soviet Union and Japan fell for two turns. Soviet Union taken by Germany on turn four, and UK Asia fell to Germany (Japan was the primary tool until my advance outpaced the reinforcements and brought everything to a stand still). Germany was pushing 65 IPC's and Italy 45 IPC's, Japan 30 IPC's, more than the remaining Allied powers combined.

Does anyone play Axis and Allies?

Bear with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Best game ever made. I try to get in at least once a month with some like minded friends

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I don't get to play once a month. <_< There are only three or so people who I know who play.

Bear with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:15 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:think: :think: :think: Are you talking about the 1970s Avalon hill board games (Axis and Allies )???
I must have about 15 stored in the junk room. Games like Luffwaffe, Panzer Blitz, Tobruck, Victory in the Pacific, and Tactics 2. I have not even looked at these since 1976-77. Brings back the good old days on base with nothing to do at night. There was a ship game and WWI airplane game I no longer remember its name. People still play these old games with cardboard pieces????? :think: :think: :think:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I picked up Axis and Allies 1941 for cheap. I opened the box and snapped out all the pieces but haven't played it yet.

I keep meaning to play Memoir '44 Online on Steam but can never get around to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

72 usmc wrote:
:think: :think: :think: Are you talking about the 1970s Avalon hill board games (Axis and Allies )???
I must have about 15 stored in the junk room. Games like Luffwaffe, Panzer Blitz, Tobruck, Victory in the Pacific, and Tactics 2. I have not even looked at these since 1976-77. Brings back the good old days on base with nothing to do at night. There was a ship game and WWI airplane game I no longer remember its name. People still play these old games with cardboard pieces????? :think: :think: :think:

Yes, however my version is different. The version we played 1940 Global, also have Spring 1942.

Here is a picture of the 1940 Global board:
http://imgur.com/4EwXlFY

Bear with me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I have played both the board and windows version. Pretty cool. Used to play with my sons when younger. Might dig it out again. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

I love board games. I almost bought Axis and Allies back In 1998 when I was in a toys r us for the first time in 21 years. But none of my family is into them.
I did grab a Sherlock Holmes game because I can tt pass up Sherlock Holmes.... it's still sealed in the box. Yep, no one wanted to play...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:33 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Quote:

Thats got to be an expensive game :dance: , nice they went to real pieces rather than the card board markers of the old gaming days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:34 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Charles Lipscomb wrote:
I love board games. I almost bought Axis and Allies back In 1998 when I was in a toys r us for the first time in 21 years. But none of my family is into them.
I did grab a Sherlock Holmes game because I can tt pass up Sherlock Holmes.... it's still sealed in the box. Yep, no one wanted to play...

It is hard finding anyone to play a board game, but everyone wants to watch TV.

Bear with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

72 usmc wrote:
Quote:

Thats got to be an expensive game :dance: , nice they went to real pieces rather than the card board markers of the old gaming days.

Yes... it was. :shock: Close to $200 if I remember correctly.

Bear with me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I got some version of it, I think 1942. Played it several times with some of my friends, but it just takes too long to set up on top of all the rules there are to really make it worthwhile so the interest in it kind of died quickly after getting it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

72 usmc wrote:

I remember playing Midway, Jutland, Richtofen's War, France 1940,Panzer Blitz, Squad Leader and I had a subscription to Strategy & Tactics Magazine which had a game in each issue. Good times. I wish I still had those games and opponents to play against.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:25 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Play it on the computer and love it. I would love to find a group to play the board game. Twilight: 2000, though an RPG, is another favorite of mine.