Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

MRE Post Card

Candyman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

MRE Post Card

#1 Post by Candyman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Started cleaning up my shop. It’s gotten so messy that I can hardly get work done.
While going through a box of military manuals and old gun catalogs I found something I had forgotten about. It was a post card I sent home to my Dad from Desert Storm.
There was nowhere to get post cards in the desert so, we made them from MRE boxes.

After reading what I had written the memories can back and I couldn’t help but cry. The things we would write to our loved ones was most often far from the truth. I couldn’t write about how I had shaken hands with death that day and walked away.

ffuries
United States of America

Re: MRE Post Card

#2 Post by ffuries » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Wow thanks for the post....We had it much better than yall that is for sure. Would have never thought of making a postcard from a MRE box. That's thinking outside the box that is for sure.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

DaleH
United States of America

Re: MRE Post Card

#3 Post by DaleH » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Thank you for your service! LOVE your comment about the box passing ... but not the contents.

I can't imagine what else you've experienced (besides near death from MRE poisoning), but thanks for sharing that with us!

Return to “Veterans Stories, Range Reports, Hunting Stories”