http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: P64 back in stock
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:07 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Dan's Ammo has them too. And he is the importer for PW Arms.
Denny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

From what I have been reading, Dan Tobin has the nicest one's followed by AIM. Mine came from SOG back in 2011 that has very slight muzzle wear on the slide but does have a century billboard import stamp.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

$267 out the door for the 1976 P64, 2 magazines and IWB/OWB holster. I'm going to switch it from the shown OWB to IWB. Might have paid more than from some online site but I really like handling the gun before I buy. I had 4 to choose from.

Attachments:
Mak and holster.jpg
Mak and holster.jpg [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 3683 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:29 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

leadhead wrote:
Dan's Ammo has them too. And he is the importer for PW Arms.
Denny

No kidding - I had no idea Dan worked with PW Arms.

He used to have regular hours at his warehouse but I haven't heard of anyone going down for years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Back when I bought my P64, nobody wanted them. They were widely criticized by the Makarov aficionados online. I paid $139 for mine. Made in 1974, it looks like new. Seeing the import marks on these recent imports, I'm glad mine has the discrete TG Knox mark on the underside of the dustcover.
The DA trigger was unusable until I put in a Wolff lower power mainspring. I also put in the higher power recoil spring, which does seem to make the recoil more tolerable.
I like to shoot magnums with full power loads, so I'm not recoil-shy...but the P64 is, uh "snappy". Where I really feel it is the finger extension on the mag slapping my pinky. I'd probably be better off without that finger extension.
But, for self defense, the little P64 is a great choice. Reliable, tiny and thin, and accurate beyond all expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:54 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I'm sorely tempted to pick up another one of these from AIM. The examples from the shipment they recently received look really nice and I do like these little pistols. I'm actually surprised the price hasn't risen more on these than it has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:45 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Just ordered a Grade 2 from AIM today. I won't be home until October. But when I get my hands on it I'll give you guys a report.

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:13 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thought I would bump this thread with a little update on my previous post from page 2. After talking to Classic about my gun and the horrible import mark, they offered me a free hand select on my next purchase. Fast forward a year later and I finally took them up on their offer. I gave my old P64 to a friend of mine and ordered one of the $199 black friday P64s from Classic. After ordering, I contacted the representative whom I had dealt with previously. I was a little concerned that after a year they wouldn't be willing to honor the hand select, but the next day I received a email back saying that they had picked out a nice one for me. I finally picked it up from my FFL yesterday and am pleased to report that I received what I consider to be an absolutely pristine specimen. There is almost no finish wear on the metal (except for a spot on the trigger). The grips have a few light scratches, but other than that it shows few signs of use. The small import mark was placed under the trigger guard. I am very pleased with my replacement. I'll try to get some better pictures up with my real camera.

Attachments:
IMG_20160110_161157.jpg
IMG_20160110_161157.jpg [ 482.02 KiB | Viewed 1864 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:51 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I just picked up one today nice little gun...

MOLON LABE!...

C.S.A.