Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Russian 7.62x38R @ Graf's

Zeliard
United States of America

Russian 7.62x38R @ Graf's

#1 Post by Zeliard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 pm

OK, so why haven't I been seeing people talk about buying/shooting this?

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/24718

Seems like they've been selling it at $4/14 for forever now and I'm amazed they still have it. Did they just buy a boatload or is nobody buying it?

Sure, it's corrosive but it's hard to beat Graf's shipping once you add enough stuff together, so what gives?
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Russian 7.62x38R @ Graf's

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:04 am

The shells stick in the cylinder and they are a dog to push out. A pain in the butt to push out. Maybe at 10 cents a round it would be ok; it is a hot round. It is Russian. Fiocchi & Hotshot are anemic rounds & expensive. Like shooting a .22 revolver. I get the best results with 32 S&W or 32-20 brass reloaded with a cast lead wad cutter. Just resize with a .30 carbine sizer die. I have better luck with reloaded ammo, but the Russian Nagant revolver is best hung on the wall. Buy a tokarev. That is a real pistol! :clap:

Last weeks gun show had an open tin and the guy could not sell the junk at $3 per small Russian box. I picked up 5 boxes of Hotshot Nagant with PPU marked boxer brass at 50 per box at $5 per box. Not many like those Nagant re built revolvers. I favor Nagant bring backs that did not go through an arsenal rebuild. I rarely shoot mine- just too many better revolvers or autos.
SOG just dumped a ton of the stuff real cheep about 6-9mo. ago at $130 a tin of 1092 rounds. Lots of places sell the Russian Ammo, nice to have a few boxes for display. It is 14 rounds per box, hot, brass case, 1970s dated, corrosive Berdan primer, original Russian military grade ammunition. 7.62×38mmR. So at a buck a box it might sell? :clap: :roll: :lol:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “General Ammunition”