Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

How to reload, Step by Step

yooper_sjd
United States of America

How to reload, Step by Step

#1 Post by yooper_sjd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 pm

I got this link today in an Email from Guns America, started to go through it, there is some good information here from a starter to expert. I got a computer in my reloading room I need to get this on.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/reload ... ging-tips/

Yoop

DWM
United States of America

Re: How to reload, Step by Step

#2 Post by DWM » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks for the link, that looks really helpful. I'm hoping to start hand loading in the next 6 months.
Formerly shotgunjoel on the old SRF

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:20 am

Thats good info but one thing I have found confusing is high pressure signs.

When you remove the primer crimp that primer is going to move back a little and flatten out even if you are loading a 30-06 to lets say m2 ball specs. That is what was hardest for me to learn. None of the 4 reloading books ever say anything about looking like over pressure
But not actually being over pressure. When you start reloading you will have so much fun trying out all the different loads and bullets I have been doing it 15 years no slam fires yet :pray:

professrh

#4 Post by professrh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 am

Hippycrowe wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:20 am
Thats good info but one thing I have found confusing is high pressure signs.

When you remove the primer crimp that primer is going to move back a little and flatten out even if you are loading a 30-06 to lets say m2 ball specs. That is what was hardest for me to learn. None of the 4 reloading books ever say anything about looking like over pressure
But not actually being over pressure. When you start reloading you will have so much fun trying out all the different loads and bullets I have been doing it 15 years no slam fires yet :pray:
I found this helpful:
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloadi ... le-reloads

ffuries
United States of America

#5 Post by ffuries » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:43 pm

I have never done reloading, to put it bluntly I was basically scared and thought it was too hard. Now that I've read through the process it doesn't seem too hard. Start up costs are lower than I figured they would be also. Just the ideal of making some .577 Snider rounds had me a bit uneasy, might make some up and see how it goes, maybe I might get into reloading.

My wife has suggested it a few times due to how many different calibers we have/shoot.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

samsplacci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#6 Post by samsplacci » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

ffuries wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:43 pm
I have never done reloading, to put it bluntly I was basically scared and thought it was too hard. Now that I've read through the process it doesn't seem too hard. Start up costs are lower than I figured they would be also. Just the ideal of making some .577 Snider rounds had me a bit uneasy, might make some up and see how it goes, maybe I might get into reloading.

My wife has suggested it a few times due to how many different calibers we have/shoot.
Reloading isn't as daunting as you would think. I started with a Lee, single stage press. Because of the various calibres of rifles I shoot, I got into reloading as well. In my experience, I have since consolidated calibres with similar projectiles to ease the task of reloading. IE, I can reload for 7.62x51, .308 and 7.5x55mm Swiss using the same projectiles. Consistency and quality brass preparation will save you a lot of headache! Good luck.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#7 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Its easy jist make sure your primers are deep enough I put mine .003 below that way you will never have a slam fire CCI primers are in my opinion the best. I have heard and read if you reload for the Mas 49 semi auto your primers should be .005 I am bot sure I read it in a book and the internet

Return to “Reloading”