Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

LA Silhouette Club

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

LA Silhouette Club

#1 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 pm

I found this site a few years back and found it superior to all I've ever seen. These guys seen to know more than the average bear so to say about casting bullets and their knowledge of alloys is unsurpassed. I thought I would post this link for all to see that cast their own bullets. I for one, use old roofing lead sheets and buy pure tin alloy, not to mention 30/70 antimony/lead alloy ingots for mixing my own alloy from relatively purer forms of metals than wheel weights. I can get roofing lead for around 85 cents a pound and it cuts with a cheap pair of metal shears, so I avoid wheel weights. Most tire shops around here send their used wheel weights to corporate HQ, so those days are disappearing no doubt, except for small independent places if they don't have a guy in the back hoarding the stuff trying to make a fast buck from reloaders.

Here is the link http://www.lasc.us/CastBulletNotes.htm

I hope it works, please tell me if it doesn't. If anything, it doesn't give you more insight than most books I've read on the subject, even the big brand ones published by the people who make casting products. Give it a go, its free too.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, I've had at least one SRF member mention how nice the site was.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: LA Silhouette Club

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm

The article PDF index is great. You can print out the goodies. Thanks. This is a huge REFERENCE source.
A must to check out :dance: :clap:

link to index:
http://www.lasc.us/ArticleIndex.htm
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

Re: LA Silhouette Club

#3 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Not bad for free and it had a lot of stuff I haven't seen in costly books. Hope to explore hard casting and heat treating my bullets soon. Good information on shrinkage with different alloys as well.

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “Bullet Casting”