Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Ishapore scope mount?

bobvz
United States of America

Ishapore scope mount?

#1 Post by bobvz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Need a drill and tap scope base for a 2A MIII Ishapore. Anyone know of a source? I've scoured the internet with no luck. Seems like Weaver used to make one as did a couple of other companies.

8thIDGrunt
United States of America

Re: Ishapore scope mount?

#2 Post by 8thIDGrunt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 pm

bobvz wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 pm
Need a drill and tap scope base for a 2A MIII Ishapore. Anyone know of a source? I've scoured the internet with no luck. Seems like Weaver used to make one as did a couple of other companies.
Why a drill and tap? That is discouraged by most serious collectors as it ruins the value of the weapon. There are alternatives. Have you looked into the S & K mounts? They have a very good reputation.Here is a link: https://www.galatiinternational.com/no- ... ounts.html

bobvz
United States of America

#3 Post by bobvz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 pm

This one has been sportered and the guy wants a permanent mount.

bobvz
United States of America

#4 Post by bobvz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Well, ended up ordering the S&K mount as a D&T wasn't available. It sure looked shaky but mounted solid. Took about two hours with a Dremel on the synthetic stock to properly mount it. thanks for the recommendation!

echo1
United States of America

#5 Post by echo1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:02 am

bobvz wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Well, ended up ordering the S&K mount as a D&T wasn't available. It sure looked shaky but mounted solid. Took about two hours with a Dremel on the synthetic stock to properly mount it. thanks for the recommendation!
I have that same set up on my '67 2A1. Mine came pre-Bubbad (this rifle could be brought back as no metal bits were disturbed, other than the front & rear sights being removed), so I turned The Khyber Pass Fabrication Team loose on it. Originally these rifles were finished with locomotive paint, so I prepped the barreled action then painted it with truck underbody sealer. Took 2 days to cure, but it's on there. Bedded it in an ATI Monty synth, which looks cool with matt black crinkle paint job, added slight "UP" pressure in the fore arm at the barrel band, and installed a sling mounted bipod. A little Dremal work on an upside down Choate recoil pad, set the LOP perfect. The S&K mount puts the eye relief high, but allowed an illuminated, Cheapanese, 8X36X50 dual focal plane scope to clear the objective. To accommodate a good, clean cheek weld, I added a Blackhawk laced riser. Finished it off with a flush 5 round mag. I was looking for the right gun to build around the scope. I call it "The Khyber Pass Regulator". It just so happens that I have a ton of "good" Indian NATO, so I all came together sweet. I have #1 furniture that I could fit, but the Purist in me hesitates. There are/were D&T mounts to be had for something that's beyond salvage. I've got another '65 2A1 all original. PAX

bobvz
United States of America

#6 Post by bobvz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Well, the S&K came back last week. The recoil lug at the rear of the mount snapped. S&K replaced it at no charge. Hope this one lasts.

Return to “Optics and Optics Mounts”