http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I've been looking at picking up a late type II /subvariation II (with the P35 omitted from the slide legend), three lever, Nazi Radom P35 and I've seen conflicting information on where these handguns should be marked with serial numbers. Seems like everything I've read says that the slide, frame and barrel lug should be serial numbered...but I also know of Radom p35s that have their grip safety's marked... do only certain p35's have numbered grip safeties? or were these also omitted at some point?

The particular one I'm looking at locally is all matching and everything seems to check out correctly but the grip safety has no numbers. The grip safety is well worn perfectly to the rest of the gun and looks like it has been there a LONG time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 am 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

All the grip safeties are numbered. Even my extreme late-war Steyr 2nd K-series P35 has the grip safety numbered. That said, the workers who stamped the numbers weren't overly concerned about precise placement. Some numbers are just not visible from the outside. You'll have to detail strip it to verify that the numbers match, but the odds are very good that it will. The grip safety wasn't a high-breakage/wear part.

-Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks bob...So I took a chance and it came home with me...I took it all down and everything matches - frame, slide, barrel, grip safety (stamped on the inside), and spring housing. I did notice that on this one there are no numbers on the hammer...are there some that don't have the hammer marked with a serial number?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:58 am 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Can't speak to the earlier Polish Eagles or the Type I's with the shoulder stock cutout, but none of my Type II, III, or IV's have serial numbered hammers (or triggers for that matter).

-Bob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:26 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks bob, and I think youre right...the examples that I've seen with numbered hammers were all early Type I with shoulder stock cut out...so I think maybe some early radoms were numbered but like you said, I've also never seen a Type II or III with a numbered hammer either.

I appreciate your help!