http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I had no luck finding a 9mm K magazine for my 1922 at any reasonable price, those that adverted them at reasonable prices were always out of stock, but ran across a dirt cheap 7.65mm FN marked mag with only surface wear and minor pitting. The mag seems to be in excellent mechanical condition, the wear and minor rust looks to be from many years in a mag pouch.

Anyway several FN 1922 owners had told me the only difference in the mags was the number of witness holes, 7 for the 9mm and 8 for the 7.65mm.

This looks to be true.

When loaded with 9mm K/.380 the 7.65 mag feed lips hold the case slightly lower than my 9mm K mag lips do. I know the lips of my 9mm mag may have been spread when a previous owner got a 9X19 cartridge jammed in the mag by mistake. I had to iron out one lip that was obviously bent.
That mag feeds with no problems.

My question is whether the lower position is the proper position for the 9mm/.380 or should I alter the lips of the 7.65 mag to match those of the 9mm mag?

BTW
My main reason for getting an extra mag was to fill the mag pouch on my East German Police holster.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Theoretically the magazines are the same, as are the slides and frames, just the barrel and maybe spring was different. So, if your magazine will take and feed rounds fine, it will be ok. As you said the feed lips may be modified from factory that might need re-tweaking. If the round is lower but still gets picked up by the slide I think you are fine.

Frank

Vintage Military Match results and info at: oldrustyguns.blogspot.com