Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Pictures of bore/rifling using $15 LED endoscope

DaleH
United States of America

Pictures of bore/rifling using $15 LED endoscope

#1 Post by DaleH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

FYI, my twin brother took these pictures of the bore of his 45-70 Trapdoor using one of those LED 5.5mm endoscopes that are sold on the likes of eBay and Amazon. They come with a 5' or longer cable that plugs into the USB port of your computer or laptop. There is a CD included with it, that you need to load, to allow for video or screen capture.

The focal length is a good inch or so and if an object is viewed any closer, the image is distorted. For best use, a white cloth cleaning patch or tuft of cotton ball is put down into the bore, which works well to allow the adjustable lights on the LED endoscope to brighten the image for best viewing.

I thought it was pretty cool! So I bought one off eBay and it also came with a 90-degree mirror (his did not) that is actually usable & works pretty darn good (for close up reviewing of bore land or groove features. This attachment doesn’t seem to suffer the same focal length malady.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Pictures of bore/rifling using $15 LED endoscope

#2 Post by Rapidrob » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Please be very careful of the software on the mini CD. My anti-virus found it to be written to steal info off of your computer. Several other's have said the same thing.
I down loaded free software that does the same thing and is safe to use.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Keiths
United States of America

Re: Pictures of bore/rifling using $15 LED endoscope

#3 Post by Keiths » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:20 am

Thanks. I've been wondering about getting one of these. Don't they also make one that attaches to an iPhone? I wonder how that would work?

Return to “Gunsmithing”