Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Is it worth it?

Petros600
Greece

Re: Is it worth it?

#16 Post by Petros600 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Congratulations on getting your license!!

dmg4
United States of America

#17 Post by dmg4 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 am

Definitely worth it. You can use it for almost ANY firearm over 50 years old, not just military surplus. See item 1 below. That currently means anything before 1968. If you buy more than one a year, it pays for itself. The following is copied from the rule from the current BATFE circular on the 03 FFL:

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.22.07 AM.png
Frequently wrong, never in doubt.

Ricekila
United States of America

#18 Post by Ricekila » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:03 am

Korn wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm
I see they charged me the 30 bucks so i assume that means it is on the way.
From what I remember -- 30 seconds after I sent mine in -- they hit my bank account before I got out of the bathroom --- and didn't the app say -- no refunds :lol:

Mine came in about 6 ( ? ) weeks --

Petros600
Greece

#19 Post by Petros600 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I m surprised that they still charge $30

BoltOperated
United States of America

#20 Post by BoltOperated » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 am

Well worth it even if you only buy a few rifles each year. Eliminating the need for an 01FFL to become part of your process is worth it alone.
C&R licensee, vintage military rifle enthusiast, competitive shooter, NRA member

echo1
United States of America

#21 Post by echo1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm

It's not even been a remote consideration for me in the past, as I've always done good on the street, FTF. I've been at it for a few decades, and prefer to handle and inspect each item. BUT, the world wide web has added an impact with a greater base of availability. I haven't acquired an 03, and don't intend to, as I'm a Kali resident and you need a COE (more shake down fee$), and must pay a self registration fee of $19 bucks per item. In 2015 Kali did away with C&R cash & carry. My long time FFL charges a flat rate weather it's 1 or 5 guns to receive from out of state, and will accept from a private party. I've been into SKSs for a while, and until the Sinobanians showed up a few years back, Chinese SKS didn't qualify as C&R anyway. Good for some, not for me. PAX

jardows
United States of America

#22 Post by jardows » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

I got a C&R when I first started getting into collecting. At the time, Midway, Graf's, Brownells, and others would give dealer pricing if you sent in the C&R. I saved the equivalent of the license fee on my first order from Midway for reloading equipment and supplies! Not sure if they are still doing that now, as I let my license lapse, and haven't had the funds to do much loading or shooting lately.

jbrower
United States of America

#23 Post by jbrower » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:01 pm

I had one for 9 years starting in 2007. Back then, Midway would give you dealer pricing if you had one and the savings were pretty significant. I saved several hundred dollars on an AR15 upper I bought from them which paid for the license several times over. They don't do that anymore though, nor do most other online retailers. My tastes have moved on to Antiques where no license is needed at all. I dropped it after the ATF started asking you how many C&R arms you sold since your last renewal.

Return to “C&R License Related Info”