Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Federal "Real" photo I.D. to buy BULLETS! (in MD) WTAF?

Info on Second Amendment happenings that impact you!
Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Federal "Real" photo I.D. to buy BULLETS! (in MD) WTAF?

#1 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Yes, bullets, not "cartridges" Not "rounds", just the actual pointy bit that comes out of the front at high speed spinning rapidly!
went to buy some Sierra 174 Gr HP-BT "Matchking" bullets (heads) to reload.
I was demanded to provide a Federal, or State Issued photo I.D. in order to have them ORDERED, (they were out of stock)!
WTAF is this?
Well, it's to ensure I'm not a "Prohibited Person", because in MD its illegal to sell "ammunition" to them too.
As they say in the better parts of Latin America:
"Caca De Toro"!

fafenman
United States of America

Re: Federal "Real" photo I.D. to buy BULLETS! (in MD) WTAF?

#2 Post by fafenman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 pm

What does a photo ID have to do with being or not being a "Prohibited Person"? Or are these ID's not issued to "Prohibited Persons" in MD?

TNGhost
United States of America

#3 Post by TNGhost » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:09 am

Largely, "REAL" ID (which is a set of federally approved standards for issuance of a secure form of identification) driver's licenses are directed at the illegal immigration problem. Its inception goes back to the fall out from 9/11, and the instituted requirements for secure ID to be presented in crossing the border, due to the fact that the some of the perpetrators easily were crossing back and forth into Canada.

REAL ID requires proof of citizenship(usually a birth certificate and other supporting documentation), or legal residency(usually a Permanent Resident I-551 "green" card) for issuance, a requirement intended to weed out illegal aliens obtaining secure ID. This is why recently the administration nixed NY from secure travel programs and other identification benefits from REAL ID, due to the fact that they passed state legislation allowing illegal aliens to obtain their "REAL" ID DLs.

Shortly here, "REAL" ID will be required for entering federal buildings, boarding commercial aircraft or entering nuclear facilities (power plants, etc). Many states have gone to it, the rest are supposed to comply by sometime this year I believe. Alternatively a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card or other secure traveler program document is required.

I am guessing illegals are "prohibited persons" for buying ammo in MD, thus the "logic" for the requirement.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#4 Post by Tommy Atkins » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am

Its MD, it isn't supposed to make sense!
My "real ID was mailed to me unasked. then 6 months later they discovered they'd issued a huge quantity of them with absolutely zero checking or documentation!
https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/ ... 87fb6.html
Then they failed to notify most of them of the fact.
I checked & they had no record of me ever having had the thing they sent me but sent me another because then thy could track it.
At no point did I go there or show them anything!
AS for it being in some way linked to PP I have no idea, I suspect the whole thing is 100% bogus.

Return to “Second Amendment Front”