Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Va has fallen.

Info on Second Amendment happenings that impact you!
Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Va has fallen.

#1 Post by Tommy Atkins » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:28 pm

THIS HAPPENED TODAY! Now is the time to contact your legislators. Spread the word!
Virginia State Police Eject Citizens after House Committee Votes to pass HB961 "Assault Weapons Ban" to a full House Vote! CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS!
This bill will ban 90 - 95% of ALL MODERN FIREARMS!
Description

Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators; penalties. Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on July 1, 2020, may retain possession until January 1, 2021. During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency. The bill further states that any person who legally owns an assault firearm on July 1, 2020, may retain possession of such assault firearm after January 1, 2021, if such person has obtained a permit from the Department of State Police to possess an assault firearm in accordance with procedures established in the bill. A person issued such permit may possess an assault firearm only under the following conditions: (a) while in his home or on his property or while on the property of another who has provided prior permission, provided that the person has the landowner's written permission on his person while on such property; (b) while at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designated for the purpose of target shooting or the target range of a public or private club or organization whose members have organized for the purpose of practicing shooting targets or competing in target shooting matches; (c) while engaged in lawful hunting; or (d) while surrendering the assault firearm to a state or local law-enforcement agency. A person issued such permit may also transport an assault firearm between any of those locations, provided that such assault firearm is unloaded and secured within a closed container while being transported. The bill also provides that failure to display the permit and a photo identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer shall be punishable by a $25 civil penalty, which shall be paid into the state treasury. The bill also requires the Department of State Police to enter the name and description of a person issued a permit in the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) so that the permit's existence and current status will be made known to the law-enforcement personnel accessing VCIN for investigative purposes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebLrxV ... e=youtu.be

echo1
United States of America

Re: Va has fallen.

#2 Post by echo1 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 am

Man, you VA guys better throw down some voter pressure. I'm in Kali and the battle has been endless. Good luck, but I don't like the feel of it, it's cancerous. Seems like some States are trying to out regulate Kali & the north eastern seaboard. PAX

One too many
United States of America

#3 Post by One too many » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I live in Virginia, and am a member of VCDL, NRA, and GOA. All three have done a good job of sending out several posts a week, or one a day. These posts have click on emails to send to our State Senators and Delegates reminding them of our positions. I do that every day.
Also, they send out phone numbers and I have been calling them. The staffers of some legislators are getting tired of me.😄. If you live in Virginia, I would appreciate it if you would email or call your senator now.
Virginia Citizens Defense League has a good website where you can get info.
As it stands now, HB 691 has passed out of the house to the Senate. It will be in Judiciary committee on Monday.
It is the big, bad , terrible bill against gun owners. I just don’t understand how this does not violate the second amendment.
The Bill of Rights is not multiple choice. Repeat that after me, please! One too many

Airforce1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Airforce1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:42 pm

The tree of liberty need to be watered down there.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#5 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:51 am

Just back from the Chantilly show.
Its like the bad old BHO days, lines round the sides of the building all the time & hand carts of ammo flying out the door in volume.
Several politicos had tables & were pressing the flesh.
I joined VCDL & so got free admission & a line jump. They're no longer allowed to give out the "GUNS SAVE LIVES" stickers so they're selling buttons of a dollar a pop.
VSP's "Voluntary" check booth was open even though its not the law yet & they conveniently forgot to put the word VOLUNTARY on the big sign at the entrance, causing a lo=t of confusion as to whether or not private transactions between Va residents had become illegal.
The people I spoke to told me there were a lot or tire bickerers but they were making sales too.
I saw more private "for sale" signs with customers too, thats a an uptick of note.

One too many
United States of America

#6 Post by One too many » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Tommy, congratulations on your joining VCDL . It is a truly great group that has many irons in the fire of our right to bear arms. Anyone can sign up for their email newsletter/ feed. That gives very quick news about Virginia events and bills. Those of you in other states, do not be complacent. You can also sign up for free to see what grassroots means here.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#7 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:12 pm

Thanks. By nature I'm not a "Joiner" but I'm seeing that it's time to just hunker down, dig in & fight. Not my first choice but that's where it going currently. I really wish it wasn't though.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#8 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

UPDATE Breaking news at 9:27am 2/17/2020
YESSSSSSSS!
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s push to ban the sale of assault weapons has failed after members of his own party balked at the proposal.
Senators voted to shelve the bill for the year and ask the state crime commission to study the issue, an outcome that drew cheers from a committee room packed with gun advocates.
Four moderate Democrats joined Republicans in Monday’s committee vote, rejecting legislation that would have prohibited the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms, including popular AR-15 style rifles, and banned the possession of magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.
The bill was a top priority for Northam, a Democrat who has campaigned heavily for a broad package of gun-control measures.
https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/02/virgi ... eapon-ban/

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#9 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:21 pm

won this round, but it ain't over
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#10 Post by Tommy Atkins » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:34 am

Yes we won the battle but he war continues.
It'll be back next year "after more research".
Vote 'em out before then.

Hammy
United States of America

#11 Post by Hammy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm from Illinois, and there is currently, in the process, a bill that will require any Firearms Owners Identification Card (FOID) holder, whether you own guns or not, to have a one million dollar liability insurance policy to cover any accidents that arise from gun injuries. If you have a FOID card but do not have the insurance, you can have your card revoked, which will allow the police to confiscate any and all firearms you have. If you don't have any firearms, your card will still be revoked and you may be fined. This from a legislator from Chicago, who is under the impression this will reduce violence in Chicago. There is also a bill that will make it mandatory to get fingerprinted when you apply for a card or to renew your card, again this is to make it harder for criminals to get illegal guns. All this crap started when the Illinois Rifle Association filed suit to eliminate the FOID card altogether, claiming the registration/renewal fee is basically a tax on the Second Amendment. As they used to say back in the '60's, the struggle is real.
U.S. Marine Corps 1975-1979
Combat Engineer

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#12 Post by Tommy Atkins » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Now we can bring on the lawsuits!
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Parts of Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam's sweeping gun control legislation have won final passage in the General Assembly.
Lawmakers in the House and Senate gave final passage to several pieces of gun control legislation Friday.
That includes a red flag bill to allow authorities to temporarily take guns away from people deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others, and legislation giving local governments more authority to ban guns in public places.
Lawmakers also approved legislation requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen guns to police and to toughen the penalty for leaving a loaded, unsecured firearm in a reckless manner that endangers a child.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-northam- ... 45902.html

One too many
United States of America

#13 Post by One too many » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:50 pm

In addition to the passed bills that Tommy mentioned is a Universal background check bill. This will really impact Gun Shows here. Part of that bill is an exemption for antique firearms, but an exemption to that . Subject to interpretation, it might not allow pre 1898 receivers that fire cartridges . An exemption to that might or might not make it legal to sell privately an antique cartridge gun that takes ammo that is commercially available.
I need to hire a lawyer to figure that out....
Another passed bill allows localities to make their own gun laws. In the liberal bastions, this could mean no guns at all, or during meetings, or by a CHP holder between 5th and main when college is in session, or any amount of ridiculousness.
I hope that our gun rights groups are busy suing.

Return to “Second Amendment Front”