Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

NRA boycott list.

Info on Second Amendment happenings that impact you!
Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

NRA boycott list.

#1 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am

Just a PSA I thought I'd stick here, feel free to add as you get proof.

According to CNN, here are some of the companies that have distanced themselves from the NRA over the past few weeks: 
Delta Air Lines: Delta said it’s ending discounted flights for NRA members. The airline said the decision reflected “the airline’s neutral status in the current debate over gun control.” Since then, Delta has faced a backlash from Georgia Republicans, who have responded by saying blocking a state tax break that would benefit the carrier.
Avis Budget Group: Avis and Budget Rent a Car, which are owned by Avis Budget Group (CAR), said that both brands will stop offering discounts on car rentals to NRA members beginning March 26.
First National Bank of Omaha: The bank said it will stop issuing an NRA-branded Visa card. A bank spokesperson said “customer feedback” prompted a review of its partnership with the NRA, and it chose not to renew its current contract.
MetLife: The insurance giant said it’s ending discounts on home and auto insurance for NRA members.
TrueCar: The car buying service said its partnership with the NRA would end February 28.
United Airlines: United will no longer offer discounts on flights to the NRA’s annual meeting.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

Re: NRA boycott list.

#2 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for the up-date.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#3 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Add 'em to the list.
“Citigroup is setting restrictions on the sale of firearms by its business customers, making it the first Wall Street bank to take a stance in the divisive nationwide gun control debate.
The new policy, announced Thursday, prohibits the sale of firearms to customers who have not passed a background check or who are younger than 21. It also bars the sale of bump stocks and high-capacity magazines. It would apply to clients who offer credit cards backed by Citigroup or borrow money, use banking services or raise capital through the company.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/busi ... v=top-news

noddaz
United States of America

#4 Post by noddaz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:23 pm

So you are going to boycott businesses that are no longer affiliated with the NRA. And these businesses have already done the math and calculated how much business this is going to cost them. So basically, boycotting businesses that have decided that they can accept the loss of your business equals zero effect. Back to the drawing board. What else do you have? Please don't flame me. I am just telling it as I see it.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#5 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:04 pm

You're assuming they have, rather than just Knee jerking. Honestly I don't see a lot of that in modern business.
I don't know if that's true or not.
Maybe with a polite, well worded, e-mail or whatever to every open source the company has, it will at least keep those still fighting with a bit of purpose even?
But I have to ask, whats the alternative, just hoping it'll go away? Ignoring it & "taking the hit"?

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#6 Post by Ghoulardi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm

you guys seem to think or believe that boycotting a bank like CITIBANK is going to do something. you need to step into the 21st century our the 18th century. all banks are global, meaning they conduct money business world wide, wherever there is money being exchanged, which the last I looked is globally. they are not just regional or conduct business only in the US.

boycotting this business or that bank etc... no one is going to care or notice
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

m47dragon
United States of America

#7 Post by m47dragon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Why would I continue to support any business that actively works against my own self interests?

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#8 Post by Ghoulardi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 pm

m47dragon wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm
Why would I continue to support any business that actively works against my own self interests?
then you better eat grass and live in a cardboard box, just about every business probably supports things that doesn't fit your view or works against your "self interested"
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

m47dragon
United States of America

#9 Post by m47dragon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:37 am

Ghoulardi wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 pm
m47dragon wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm
then you better eat grass and live in a cardboard box, just about every business probably supports things that doesn't fit your view or works against your "self interested"
Oh, I don't doubt that...but there are far more instances where I can make that choice without sacrificing a need or want than instances where I would.

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will." -Edward Everett Hale.

Return to “Second Amendment Front”