Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

The new slippery slope?

Info on Second Amendment happenings that impact you!
FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

The new slippery slope?

#1 Post by FamilyFirearms » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

With all the new hoopla over the bumpfire stocks ( this is not a post for or against them), the republicans penned a letter to the ATF to see if its function violates the law "OR THE SPIRIT" of the law. What.. what ...what? The spirit of the law?

This sounds just like something out of the Democratic vocabulary. That is a very scary thing now looking at our beloved constitution as a " living document" to be changed or the process of making new laws in the spirit of what they "think" it should be. What is next, "we think the AR15 is a machine gun" well in spirit anyway....it is just like the M16 in looks and spirit.

Again, this is not for or against the bumpfire stock but the thought of the way they are talking about the law. If this bothers you as much as it does me, contact you representatives and let them know.

Here is the article if you want to read it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-gop- ... -legality/

sowbelle
United States of America

Re: The new slippery slope?

#2 Post by sowbelle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 pm

We are the frog in the pot.
The heat just got turned up a little more. :( :(

Hammy
United States of America

#3 Post by Hammy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:51 pm

I think it's been turned up more then just a little. The elite are barking again. Michael Moore is "demanding" the immediate repeal of the 2nd Amendment and adoption of the 28th Amendment, which he came up with. Basically he is wanting any married man who wants to buy a gun to have "permission" of their wife, so she can sign a line saying domestic violence is not possible. What if you are single or an orphan? I did like that several Republicans' said that now is not the time to discuss gun laws, let things calm down first. Of course the media is having no part of that!
U.S. Marine Corps 1975-1979
Combat Engineer

wjh
United States of America

#4 Post by wjh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 pm

They are trying to punt this to the ATF and get them to do something through regulations. Then they don't have to
vote. The problem is they would have to redefine fully auto. That is the slippery slope. If it is not in the original legislation, just
have the bureaucracy make a new rule through their interpretation. Is that a box we want to open?

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#5 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:08 am

The first time I ever bump fired anything was an AK and I hooked my thumb in my belt loop to do it. What are our elite betters going to do about that ?

Outlaw thumbs?

Outlaw belt loops and require Mandatory Suspenders for all? :)

BTW I bought one of those bumpfire stocks and I really can't afford the ammo cost to bump fire much of anything these days. I figured it may be my last chance to get one and if the gun grabbing press and politicians don't like them that just makes it all the more fun to have. While I was on a roll I ordered a Tac-Con trigger too.

The funny thing is I always hated ARs (darn cat and rat rifles) and only bought one when the last president was pushing to outlaw them. I figured if he didn't like them, they must not be all that bad. heh.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#6 Post by Rapidrob » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

Gunbroker just banned the selling of "Bump Stocks".
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

#7 Post by FamilyFirearms » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am

I know as we were thinking about putting the one we have up there. No the moral delegation do we sell it or not? I personally think a tool is a tool but others may rail against us for selling it or try to sue us if we do.

ffuries
United States of America

#8 Post by ffuries » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 am

FamilyFirearms wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am
I know as we were thinking about putting the one we have up there. No the moral delegation do we sell it or not? I personally think a tool is a tool but others may rail against us for selling it or try to sue us if we do.
It's a sad day when you must "What if" everything you do or sell. You're selling stuff to make a living yet you have to worry that someone will try and take everything you busted your asses for.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

#9 Post by FamilyFirearms » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:21 pm

ffuries wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 am
FamilyFirearms wrote:
It's a sad day when you must "What if" everything you do or sell. You're selling stuff to make a living yet you have to worry that someone will try and take everything you busted your asses for.
We are very, very fussy about what we sell. I will never sell any of you anything I would not put on, in or let my own son use. If I follow that, we have no problems and most times we are even more carful. We could have made good money selling crappy surplus ammo that hangfires, to hot, or products that fail. That is why we stick to very few new accessories ( mostly Magplu mags and other mags), we sell no remanufactured ammo but we do buy whole collections and auctions. This is how we ended up with the slidefire. We seen them going for stupid money on gunbroker and were debating to post it or not but now it doesent matter as they pulled all the ads for them down. I was thinking about selling it at the show next weekend and donating all the money we get from it to the youth ministries at our church which we both were called serve in (yes the wife and I were babtised fairly recently). I guess I can pray on it and if we don't feel good about it, I can melt it down.

ffuries
United States of America

#10 Post by ffuries » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:32 pm

FamilyFirearms wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:21 pm
ffuries wrote:
FamilyFirearms wrote:
We are very, very fussy about what we sell. I will never sell any of you anything I would not put on, in or let my own son use. If I follow that, we have no problems and most times we are even more carful. We could have made good money selling crappy surplus ammo that hangfires, to hot, or products that fail. That is why we stick to very few new accessories ( mostly Magplu mags and other mags), we sell no remanufactured ammo but we do buy whole collections and auctions. This is how we ended up with the slidefire. We seen them going for stupid money on gunbroker and were debating to post it or not but now it doesent matter as they pulled all the ads for them down. I was thinking about selling it at the show next weekend and donating all the money we get from it to the youth ministries at our church which we both were called serve in (yes the wife and I were babtised fairly recently). I guess I can pray on it and if we don't feel good about it, I can melt it down.
You my friend have a very level head, a lot of people can learn a lot from yall. Lets me know that not all is lost in world! Thank you for all yall do and stand for!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

#11 Post by FamilyFirearms » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm

ffuries wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:32 pm
FamilyFirearms wrote:
ffuries wrote:
FamilyFirearms wrote:
You my friend have a very level head, a lot of people can learn a lot from yall. Lets me know that not all is lost in world! Thank you for all yall do and stand for!

I thank you for your kind words.
It is us who should be thanking YOU for your service to our country!

ffuries
United States of America

#12 Post by ffuries » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:32 pm

FamilyFirearms wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm
ffuries wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:32 pm
FamilyFirearms wrote:
ffuries wrote:

I thank you for your kind words.
It is us who should be thanking YOU for your service to our country!
Thank you, but without good people like you to serve for....The service would be meaningless and worthless!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Return to “Second Amendment Front”