Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Photobucket's racket !

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Photobucket's racket !

#16 Post by Ghoulardi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 pm

elricfate wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm
Ghoulardi wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm
elricfate wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:38 pm
Yea, you can download them but it's a pain in the ass and time consuming if you have a bunch of albums or folders.
can't you just right click over a picture and SAVE PICTURE AS then save it on your computer?
Sure, that's a little slower, but sure.
well if it's a little slow, but less of a PIA then downloading it from the site. me, personally I would opt for a little slow

BTW, while we are discussing what PHOTOBUCKET is doing. it might be a good idea if any of you guys have pictures on other on-line photo sites, to download the pictures you don't have on your computer or CD and put them on your onto a CD or computer, instead of just having the only copy on a on-line album.

like I stated previously, other sites might get the same idea what PHOTOBUCKET is doing as a way of making more money.

400 bucks times millions of people, that can add up to some huge money in their coffers. just saying

ie. at 400 bucks x 1 million people (worldwide) = 400 million bucks. that ain't exactly chump change
Last edited by Ghoulardi on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

elricfate
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

#17 Post by elricfate » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Wait. Hold on. You have to go to the site. You then go to the picture. Then you download the picture either by clicking on save from the link or right clicking and save as, either way it's slow but Photobucket offers an album download option to download multiple pictures all at once.

It's the same thing the first two ways.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#18 Post by Ghoulardi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

elricfate wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 pm
Wait. Hold on. You have to go to the site. You then go to the picture. Then you download the picture either by clicking on save from the link or right clicking and save as, either way it's slow but Photobucket offers an album download option to download multiple pictures all at once.

I didn't know they have that option. wonder if they are going to charge extra for that option?
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

72 usmc
United States of America

#19 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 pm

You can down load a photo at a time or the entire album. You can delete photos 1 at a time or by groups by checking the arrow then hitting the correct operation button :arrow: delete>
If you see recent photos you get 10 pages of older photos that were just added. You can click on the photobucket photo and pull it onto the desk tops as a file photo. It works with the recent photos not the smaller library pictures. These library photos must be down loaded one at time or as an entire album.

Photobucket was nice , but now its bad news and it is just a matter of time before they kill off all the FREE accounts that do not upgrade. So if you have like 2000 photos on photo bucket, say about 92 % full on a FREE account, you best down load the file to your computers desk top or some internal file folder location. MAKE A COPY DOWNLOAD FILE FROM PHOTOBUCKET. Do this while you still can. :violin:
Go to PHOTOBUCKET sign in and go to your "library" . Some may have other albums that make up the library. I stored mine under one album ----the library. You may have like 98 pages of photos. To download the entire group of photos in the primary album.
1 go to library.
2 Select album, then
3 look for the "album actions" you can use/do in the lower right hand corner
4 find DOWNLOAD ALBUM click on it
5 you will be asked if a human and given some questions. Answer them.
6 Click on Down load and it will take awhile to down load jpeg files onto your computer down load location.
7 Mine go to the desk top so I can find the file
8 CHECK the separate downloaded pics and see if each photo is a single jpeg and can be opened to correct size and they are not compressed or streched. If all is OK you now have all the photobucket pics on your desk top. Put them all in one desk top file.

NOW YOU CAN TELL PHOTOBUCKET TO TAKE A HIKE.
Go to Account and click on it to see your :arrow: account status.

At the bottom of the account status info box you will see a blue "Delete this account" CLICK ON THIS and It will end you account.
Or if you want an empty account to just cost them storage, Go back to your library. All the original pictures you just downloaded to the desk top are still in photobucket. To remove all these photos in an album, go to "Library" primary album and click on the album action DELETE ALBUM, it keeps your account, but will kill/remove the entire album and all 2000 pictures. If you delete 1 or 2000 , if you delete them they are gone. They hold for 4 days in case you decide you want to pay and have things go back, but after 4 days all pictures deleted are lost in the photobucket file. They are still in your desk top file. To do all of this you need a newer computer.

Now if you want to store your desk top former photobucket file of photos they can be stored on the cloud if you have a new computer.
With a Mac just upload the photobucket file to goggle drive on Chrome or Safari. Read up on how to put this on your computer if it does not have it. When you up load files , pdfs onto the cloud they go into one master file/list on your computer.
1 To get to my file with the pics I just click on the Chrome goggle icon-colored circle.
2 Go to DRIVE which is the basic hard drive on goggle called "DRIVE" this section shows all the pic files , pdfs, ect stored on the cloud by your computer. Just click on DRIVE and it open up the computer folder/list of stored goodies.
3 Go to the correct named folder where the photobucket photos are stored. It will have a name you gave it. Double click on that folder icon and poof, it opens up to all the pictures in that stored on the cloud file.
4 I just click on the photo and it opens, then go up to the "eyeball" icon preview symbol. On a chrome goggle earth its an eyeball symbol --no word says preview. CLICK ON THIS EYEBALL. You can preview the photo as it will look, edit, what ever.
5 Next, you want to down load this photo from the cloud onto your desk top. GO TO THE DOWNLOAD icon which is an arrow pointing down to a line below the arrow. CLICK on this icon and the cloud stored photo is down loaded onto your computers desk top or where ever you direct it. Then I can take the jpeg coded photo on my desk top and use the forum's upload method to post the picture into the forum post.

The easy way if to leave the former downloaded file of all photos on the desktop and store a second copy in the cloud just in case the desktop file is corrupt. You really never have to use the file in the cloud unless there is some unforeseen problem. It's a back up. You work with the normal file on the desk top and can just slide the photo onto the desk top or sort as needed into new smaller files as you use them again in the forum reposts. You really do not have to use the cloud goggle file unless you need to replace your desk top file or want to add the group file of former photobucket photos it to another persons computer.
Just ask the neighbor high school kid or college kid and they can hook you up with a goggle folder in the cloud on a new computer.
If you want things to go back the way they were, :shock: :o simply pay the $400 a year to photobucket so you can 3rd party post like things were :snooty: :hand: :roll: :roll:
I say :snooty: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-teeth: :handgestures-thumbdown: Down load your photos to the cloud and delete the photobucket album

For an old man its easy . The neighbor has the file on the cloud on a new computer and I have a file on my desk top- actually 2 files. I just use the desk top file and if the 2003 computer dies, all photos and long post are on the cloud as back ups. photobucket is no longer useful.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Andre-Richard
Belgium

#20 Post by Andre-Richard » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:25 am

Testing Imgur :

It works ! Bye, bye Photoshop...

patrick_ford
United States of America

#21 Post by patrick_ford » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 am

I've noticed a lot of those photobucket picture placeholders all over the place. What are some good alternative sites that can be used without the BS?
“We don’t rise to the level of our expectations – we fall to the level of our training” - Archilochus

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#22 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

Another vote for IMgur.
Personally I never trusted to the point they became my only storage. I post resized stuff for the web & so on there, but my actual "archive is right here under my grubby little hands on offline DVD's.
I just deleted everything there except a snippy image I left for them to discover next time they go poking about.

apachedawg
United States of America

#23 Post by apachedawg » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

I deleted all my pictures and closed my account. So long Photobucket.

Return to “Firearms Photography”