Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Finally found one

HectorFuego
United States of America

Finally found one

#1 Post by HectorFuego » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 am

I've had a S&W 5906 for several years, but have never been able to find a holster I liked that fit the thing. Bought an Uncle Mikes polymer holster at first but I thought I was going to have to get out a saw to remove the pistol from it. Then I got a thumb snap nylon holster with a built-in mag pouch but found I didn't like the thumb snap. My preference was for a polymer holster because I like the ease of draw, ease of re-holstering, and retention ... Oh yes it also had to be inexpensive. Not too many options out there.

Well, I recently bought a Fobus Standard Roto Paddle Holster and think I might have finally found my bliss. I had been reluctant to buy a Fobus holster because of some bad reviews and also the ones I had looked at years ago involved pushing a button to release the retention. This one is passive retention, holds well (at least in my case), and the draw is pretty smooth. My only complaint is that it doesn't have quite the positive click I would like when re-holstering. Retention is still good ... just no solid click. Can't complain too much for under $30 from Midway.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

Return to “General Firearms Topics”