Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Thompson M1A1 from my collection

M67
Slovenia

Re: Thompson M1A1 from my collection

#16 Post by M67 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:43 pm

What does it mean SBR?
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

steamer
United States of America

#17 Post by steamer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:23 pm

SBR = Short Barreled Rifle One of our ridiculous U.S. guns laws requires that "normal" rifles have a barrel length of 16 inches or greater. If you want to have an SBR, you have to first get approval from the government by filling out forms and paying a one-time tax stamp to get it registered. A lot of people here have semi-auto versions of originally full-auto firearms but they tend to sometimes look a little abnormal with a longer than normal barrel. (Good examples of this are the Thompson, and the UZI). That's why some owners will consider it, but not worth the cost and effort in my opinion.

M67
Slovenia

#18 Post by M67 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for explanation. I remember the "strange" UZI with long barrel.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#19 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40 pm

neolithic1 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:22 pm
Some of us live in states where you can't own them, even if you own a house. In my case I can't even own a semi auto remake, because I can't even own a SBR.
very true, and a shame you can't own a SBR let alone a MG. but I was directing my post to steamer. Az. allows ownership of MGs, as well as all the other NFA weapons
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Return to “General Firearms Topics”