Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My Remington Tac-14

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

My Remington Tac-14

#1 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 pm

This may not be the most popular type of firearm for the surplus aficionado, but I have to admit that I couldn't resist purchasing a Tac-14 from Classic a few months back. Here it is shown with my other 870. At first, I bought it simply as a fun toy and because it scratched an itch I've had since seeing the "Witness Protection" 870s many years ago. I will now say that it is surprisingly useful in its own right. I was able to deliver very accurate patterns on a silhouette target from 7 to 10 yards away, and quickly. The trick is to fully extend the forward arm, locking it out, and sighting along the top of the receiver. Recoil wasn't as bad as I expected, with a variety of buckshot loads (Rio low-recoil 00, S&B 12-pellet #1, and NSI 6 pellet, 2 1/4" 00 buck). The "Minibuck" 6 pellet NSI load was especially well-suited to this gun, and as an added bonus allows the tube to hold five instead of the nominal 4 +1 capacity.

Certainly I'm not the only one here to have picked up either one of these or a Mossberg Shockwave, or am I? I've seen the opinions vary on these, most either love it or hate it. I'm certainly enjoying mine!
Attachments
IMG_0545.JPG

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

Re: My Remington Tac-14

#2 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 pm

And yes, I couldn't resist picking up a tactical scabbard that can be slung over the back. Pictured is my theoretical load-out of choice--a Federal 9 pellet 00 buck in the chamber, followed by two PMC 28 pellet #4 bucks, followed by three of the NSI Minibuck six-pellet 00 bucks. Say what you will about the utility of these things, but there's no denying that's a formidable little package!
Attachments
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

#3 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm

I admit to being an ammo nerd, and really enjoy matching up weapons and their loads to properly form a "system" for whatever niche is needed. Here's a close-up of the rounds mentioned above. All three deliver their payload at about 1200 fps, more than enough for the close-range encounters this system excels at, allowing quicker follow-up shots.
Attachments
IMG_0798.JPG

Zeliard
United States of America

#4 Post by Zeliard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Now you just need a few Aguila minishells. :D
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Return to “General Firearms Topics”