Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Funny how life repeats itself....

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Funny how life repeats itself....

#1 Post by Rapidrob » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:23 pm

It is funny how life repeats itself. In 1964 I was a young teenager who was into anything outdoors. I had just gotten into trapping. A very good friend of mine and well known today in the shooting world was in High School and was about to go into the Army. I was telling him what a chore it was carrying all the traps,anchors,tools and my rifle to dispatch the trapped animal if need be.
He gave me an H&R Young America .32 S&W revolver. It had seen decades of use,but hey, it was free. I shot the crap out of the little pistol and still have it today,though it no longer functions.
Two weeks ago another friend gave me a non-working National Arms company .32 S&W. ( some call it the "short" which is wrong) It turned out that the trigger return spring was broken which is so common I almost expected to find that. I made one from a piece of spring steel and now its back to normal. I bought some reloading dies and brass and started to reload for this little cartridge. Using a cast 71 grain bullet and the massive charge of 1.5 grains of Unique, the little pistol is quite accurate and very fun to shoot. Yes it is very under powdered and the bullet will not go through a 2x4 at 6 feet, but you can shoot it all day long for pennies. It goes bang ( you need hearing protection for sure) and recoil is almost nil. The revolver is hammerless but the double action is very smooth to pull. The sights are about as basic as you can find and the revolver does shoot to the point of aim. You can "blast" off five shots very fast out of its four inch barrel.Being a top-brake revolver you want to keep the chamber pressure to under 19,000PSI.
There is just something about going back to my roots of shooting a revolver in .32 S&W. As a kid it was a needed tool. Now it is just a piece of firearm history that can be fun to shoot that was part of my early life that brings back fond memories.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

shoot4fun
United States of America

Re: Funny how life repeats itself....

#2 Post by shoot4fun » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 am

How fun!!

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I loaded up 50 rounds and went to the range.The pistol shot very well placing all 50 shots into the target set to 25 yards with most going into a silver dollar size group.
I forgot how much fun this cartridge is to shoot.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#4 Post by Tommy Atkins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:35 pm

It is.
I was at a gunshow a couple of years back & was offered a Webly air pistol.
This was my Coup De gras weapon for water rats back in my youth. My primary was a .22 Haenel air rifle.
Yeah I snagged it!
My original was a "Webly Premiere" This is an Indian made Webly "Hurricane" No blued steel, just paint over alloy, but its a fun shooter!
Attachments
DSCF1927.JPG

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by Rapidrob » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am

Nice! I still have my Benjamin Franklin .22 pump-up all bronze pistol.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Firearms Topics”