Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My Remington Sportsman (Model 11)

steamer
United States of America

My Remington Sportsman (Model 11)

#1 Post by steamer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, we need to see more Military shotguns here. I inherited this Remington Sportsman (Model 11) from my grandfather about 38 years ago. There are no military stamps in the wood, but there are US-Flaming Bomb stamps on the receiver and barrel.

The barrel is about 20.5 inches and totals about 24.25 inches with the Lyman Cutts compensator. The front of the receiver has a threaded hole on each side. I always figured that these were for some sort of gimble mount and used for aerial gunnery training based on things I've read.

The barrel code of CMM indicates that it was manufactured in April, 1943. I would have thought that the barrel might have originally been longer - I guess my grandfather could have shortened it? I see that it's marked "REP." which I've read is a Remington proof and test mark.

I disassembled it a couple of years back, bolt and all, to get many years of build-up out of everything but now it's in great shape and shoots very well. I keep the friction rings set for "compensator" as they should be.

Any thoughts and comments are welcome. So now I've shown you mine, let me see your military shotguns.

1RS_full.JPG
2Right.JPG
3Left.JPG
4REPbarrel.JPG
5barrel.JPG

retread12345678
United States of America

Re: My Remington Sportsman (Model 11)

#2 Post by retread12345678 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Once,pretty common A very desirable US arm.. More can be learned from bruce CANFIELD S book on US shotguns

Return to “Military Shotguns”