Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

New Forum, New Management

elricfate
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

New Forum, New Management

#1 Post by elricfate » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Good evening!

I know what's on everyone's mind, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!"

I'll be frank, we had some issues with locating the previous admin. All the eggs were in one basket, so when he disappeared we couldn't get the host to allow us to take over the accounts, which means we lost the forum due to non-payment on the account. We're all pretty concerned with his whereabouts, but the forum itself didn't need to suffer.

Having said that, I have obtained the rights to the domain name and have setup a three year hosting agreement (to be extended or upgraded as required), and once all the dust is settled, we will be setting up some redundancies around people, admins, and payments.

Because we don't have access to the old forum database at this time, we will be relying on our staff to try to bring over as many old threads as possible from the last snapshot archive.org made... additionally if you, the users, have anything saved you want to contribute, please don't hesitate.

Along with the new forums comes a new outlook. We're retaining most of our old staff, letting go of some of the folks who simply burned out, and keeping our eyes open for new talent. We're a big firearms family here and as such I will be making some changes to accommodate that viewpoint.

elricfate
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: New Forum, New Management

#2 Post by elricfate » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Just an update, if you wish to donate further to us, please click on the Donate link at the top of the forum, you can either donate directly via Paypal by putting a donation amount in the box, or you can instead click on the Donate Via Credit/Debit Card link.

Return to “Announcements”