Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Starline .455 Webley brass

lamontagne0527
Canada

Starline .455 Webley brass

#1 Post by lamontagne0527 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the new production starline brass for .455 webley they are making? Is it good quality and worth the money? Or should i simply stick to my fiocchi brass for now?

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Starline .455 Webley brass

#2 Post by RWS » Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 am

In my limited experience Starline brass is better than Fiocchi from the aspect of being not quite as brittle as Fiocchi. I have experienced a few split case necks with Fiocchi in the past but that might be attributable to a bad lot, I dunno. I also like that Starline brass uses large pistol primers instead of small pistol primers like the Fiocchi brass but this is more of a personal preference as opposed to being "better".

Starline makes decent cases. Worth the money? Well, I thought the old Hornady Mk II cases were priced too high until they became unobtainable. If Starline's .455 cases don't sell then they won't think twice about dropping them. So... outside of the converted Bertram brass I guess Starline is the currently the only game in town for new brass without having to buy loaded ammo.

A friend and I bought 500 of these Starline cases but each of us only wanted 200 cases apiece, so I have 100 extra that are listed in the "For Sale/Trade" forum (at my cost) should you prefer 100 instead of Starline's minimum 250 cases requirement.

- Bob

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#3 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Can't speak for .455 but their .357 is my go to brass.

S.B.
United States of America

#4 Post by S.B. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:07 pm

I've bought 250 but, haven't loaded them yet? Having trouble finding any pure lead for bullets.
Steve

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth Pistols”