Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My 1911A1 and M9

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

My 1911A1 and M9

#1 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 am

I hope you guys don't mind me re-posting some pics from the old boards. In the Marine Corps I was lucky enough to carry both these great pistols, as my enlistment covered the transition period. I've owned an Auto Ordnance 1911A1 for almost 20 years. It's not the most celebrated milspec-style .45 out there, but I sure like it. Last Christmas I got a Beretta M9. This design is close to my heart because I carried one as a young patrolman in addition to my time in the Corps.
Attachments
Beretta M9 (3).JPG
Beretta M9 (2).JPG
Beretta M9 (7).JPG
Beretta rig.JPG
Auto-Ordnance 1911a1 (2).JPG

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: My 1911A1 and M9

#2 Post by RWS » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 am

Great looking rigs. I like the design of those 2-snap WW1 1911 mag pouches better than the 1-snap WW2 version.

People dog those pre-Kahr Auto-Ordnance pistols, and to be sure there were issues with some, but if you have one that works they are a solid gun. A friend of mine has had one for 25 years now. I don't think it has ever malfunctioned.

-Bob

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

Re: My 1911A1 and M9

#3 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:07 pm

RWS wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 am
People dog those pre-Kahr Auto-Ordnance pistols, and to be sure there were issues with some, but if you have one that works they are a solid gun. A friend of mine has had one for 25 years now. I don't think it has ever malfunctioned.
Exactly. There were some minor QC issues, but I think the low price reflected that. I've only ever needed to replace the barrel bushing, which cracked at some point, and the recoil and firing pin springs. It runs 100 percent with hardball. I've looked at the so-called "milspec" offerings by various companies over the years, and none of them seem to have gotten it any better. Most have something "off" that jumps right out at me--too tall sights, wrong grips, unnecessary markings, off-color Parkerizing etc. I wouldn't choose any of them over my old Auto Ordnance...

Return to “US Pistols”