Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My $125 S&W Gun Show Find

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

My $125 S&W Gun Show Find

#1 Post by RWS » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 am

My sister in law finally decided that she needed a nightstand gun and asked me to be on the lookout for a "good hunnerd dollar revolver". I told her not to be too optimistic about what she might end up with for $100 but dutifully looked at every gun show for cosmetically blemished Colts, S&W's, or Rugers.

Lo and behold I found this old S&W M&P .38 Special on a table with an asking price of $150 and was able to negotiate it down to $125. It had been refinished in nickel somewhere in its past life and about half the nickel is now gone. It also came with a decent set of diamond checkered grips that I needed for a more collectible revolver so I put a set of rubber grips on it that will probably be better for my sister-in-law than the wooden grips. I figure the grip swap effectively lowered the price down to the hunnerd dollar figure.

Ultimately, I regarded the revolver to be so ugly that I could not in good conscience charge her for it so I just gave it to her. I took it to the range first to verify that everything worked OK. The revolver was in time, the bore is in VG condition, DA trigger is butter-smooth, and I got some decent 3" groups at 25 yards. One of my shooting buddies laughed at it initially but after shooting it offered me $200 for it, which I declined. Thought it was ugly enough for show-and-tell so here it is for your viewing pleasure, if for no other reason than to prove you still can actually find a hunnerd dollar revolver...
Sharon's M&P L.JPG
Sharon's M&P R.JPG
- Bob

sowbelle
United States of America

Re: My $125 S&W Gun Show Find

#2 Post by sowbelle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Great find and Great buy!!!
Thanks for sharing

Deacon KC
Global Moderator
Global Moderator