Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Bulgarian Makarov

1895 Nagant, TT-30, TT33 and Makarov
shoggoth80
United States of America

Bulgarian Makarov

#1 Post by shoggoth80 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Another share post. I believe this was made in 1984. Been a bit since I checked the year. Came with police and army issue grips. I really like the red ish bakelite, and the star is iconic, so those went back on almost immediately post purchase. I cherry picked this one several years ago...out of a whopping 3 in stock. Glad I got one before supply went dry. I've almost sold it out of the collection once when desperate. Glad I didn't. Really loves cast handloads... Which I made from cut and formed 9x19. Bore is *sweet*.
FB_IMG_1497652483403.jpg

Smokey
United States of America

Re: Bulgarian Makarov

#2 Post by Smokey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm

I've fired several Makarovs over the years. It seems the East German and Bulgarian are considered the best made. They are decent pistols and of a reasonable size for concealed carry. The cartridge is a little more powerful than the average .380 ACP. Accuracy can be pretty good as well.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

shoggoth80
United States of America

#3 Post by shoggoth80 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Good enough to drill a chest sized target at reasonable defense ranges. Does what it's supposed to, even when taking into account the sloppy human variable. Lol.
Just overall a solid little piece that I'm happy to have.

Mark AP
United States of America

#4 Post by Mark AP » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 am

I need to get one.

Return to “Russian Pistols”